Chapter 10

Izuku's POV (still like 10 yrs ago when he was 4. it's the aftermath of the incident tho he's 14 now)

Izuku was drowning in the dark. He couldn't see anything, feel anything, hear anything, move anything. All he could tell was that he was in his head. As per the norm and usual. But this time he couldn't feel his body. He couldn't move his body. There was only him a phantom figure in his own mind.

It was rather dark in here.

Pretty empty too.

Was he in the wrong room or something? Seperated from all the memories and emotions? Something to keep him entertained at least?

But-

It was kind of comforting to be here in the silence and the dark. Especially after all the pain. All the heat. All the light. All the searing pain in his body.

But he didn't know where that pain came from. He couldn't remember.

Then there's the problem of something. A light~ Something, no someone was trying to wake him up.

If he was being honest to himself, he didn't want to wake up.

It was better down here in the dark. He felt understood. He felt home. He felt safe. But the light was insistent and so Izuku was slowly drawn out of the dark crevice he was in back to the world.

He guessed it was better than staying down here and not being able to remember anything. Except the phantom pain. But from what?

Mrs. POV

Izuku was laying on the bed and she was holding his hand. She could faintly see that he had just blinked. Or was that just a hallucination... when was the last time she'd slept? 

No it wasn't a hallucination. He had blinked and just now she felt his finger twitch.

No matter how uncertain she was on her own eyesight, she could trust her touch.

WHAT?!

Was he dying?

or

.

.

.

Was he waking up?

After an almost whole two months?!

Izuku's POV

Izuku woke up in a hospital. In a bed. In a blue hospital gown. In a bright white room with a beeping machine to his side.

There's a prickling sensation in his arms~

.

.

.

Was that a needle?! With a large gasp without thinking, Izuku started pulling it out. It popped out with a small trickle of blood. He doesn't feel the pain just checks all over his body. There's more. He keeps pulling them until their all out. He doesn't know why. What caused him to act like this?

"Izuku?!" Mrs. voice calls out. 

She wasn't waiting for a response but when she walks into the room she blurr-ily sees Izuku sitting there in his hospital bed. 

"Hey?" Izuku tries.

She screams. 

Did he do something wrong? Izuku wonders. And why were her eyes like that?

No, it was just an overjoyed scream. 

Nurses rush into the room and start coming over to Izuku's side, when they see the pulled out needles they freeze. 

How should they proceed?! What do they do with a traumatized kid like this? How do they treat him?

Mrs. gives them a look and they leave the room. Message recieved. She would talk to him first and see what he remembered. Figure out how to proceed.

"Mrs?" Izuku asks, "What am I doing here? Aren't I supposed to be with my foster parents? Aubrey and Tom? The last thing I remember is taking the stairs down to go greet the? What happened?"

Mrs. freezes, what should she tell him? Choosing her words carefully she finally decides on what to say.

"Izuku," She starts and takes a deep breath before walking over unsteadily (she can't see too well) to his side and sitting on the chair that's placed there. She grabs his hands and squezes tight. He squeezes back, she almost breaks down crying.

"Izuku- you went with your foster parents." She says and then pauses.

Should she tell him he tripped? No- he would still at the least have memories of tripping down the stairs. 

"You went with your foster parents. And you spent a week with them." She looks into his clear green eyes. 

He smiles, "Where they nice to me?"

"No-" His smile falls, "-they weren't good people. They hurt you Izuku, you were with them for a week. They hurt you really badly. I- we only found out about 1 and a half months ago. The heroes saved you and brought you here. You were in a coma."

"But-" Izuku started. "Why can't I remeber anything then?"

"It's the trauma," A doctor says. Nobody had heard him enter the room.

Izuku instinctively flinches away from the doctor. Something about the scrub/uniform of the doctor's was scaring him. He didn't know why. No, he couldn't remember why. And why were Mrs. eyes like that? Why didn't the adults just give him a chance to ask more questions?!

"I'm Dr. Tsukishima. The trauma made you forget. Or your brain to protect your body, it hid away whatever happened to you."

But no, that wasn't true, Izuku could remember. He could remember some things.

There were definitely knives involved. And needles. And a dentist's chair?- What was Mrs. hiding from him? His eyes narrow in suspicion before they relax. He would trust them for now. After all he knew how tricky the human mind was.

Something about him, it felt older. But it felt right. As if some part of him knew that it could no longer remain young. His mind had matured. Not that he knew why...

He looks around his hospital room once more. The sliding door that the doctor had come through was slightly ajar and Izuku could tell that he was on the 1st or 2nd floor. There was a small tree outside his window. His room was bare except for the bed, table, two chairs, and a desk with the doctor's computer on it.

The table had an apple. 

The doctor followed his gaze to the apple and smiled at him. "Do you want the apple?"

Izuku stopped. Did he want the apple? He wasn't hungry but-

"I'll cut it for you." The doctor says.

Izuku nods and watches as the doctor picks up the plate and there's a small fruit knife that was hidden from his view.

He watches as the doctor slowly peels and slices the apples for him.

His head hurt.

Really, really, hurt.

It felt like it was splitting in half.

Trying to sabatoge me again? He thinks. 

Again?

Where did he get that thought?

With a small groan, he grabs his heads in his hands.

Mrs. who was staying silent but who was holding onto Izuku's hands gasps in alarm as Izuku releases her hand and clutches at his head. The doctor turns around from where he's cutting the apple and looks back in concern. What was going on?

A small scene was playing itself out in Izuku's mind. He just wanted to eat the apple and ask Mrs. questions.

WHY?!

~~~~~~~~

(1100 words)

comments?

He's 4. That's all i have to say. He's 4 not 10 so if it says 10 that was what it origianlly was but due to plot reasons he's 4 right now