Chapter 9

istg im so scared idk where this story is going. it's going off plan and now my anxiety is slowly skewering my gut. ahhhhh! i hope this isn't too bad for u guys. 

~~~~

NOT IZUKU'S POV (HE'S PASSED OUT), IT'S 3RD PERSON POV

All the heroes were perched ontop of the boxes at this point. All eyes where on the clearing where Izuku sat on the chair. All eyes where on the doctor and Izuku.

He wasn't out yet. Izuku was still very much awake.

The sight before them sickened all the heroes.

Izuku was on the chair. His hair was dark, blocked by all the shadows overcasting his face. They saw the doctor humming to himself as he prepared the next needle. Nobody could move as they watched the doctor jam the needle into Izuku's arm. The remote buttons are fiddled with next and the heat and electricity pulses are turned on. The doctor takes notes as the liquid takes effect. Izuku's pain receptors and neurons are long dead and can no longer process the pain from heat and the electricty but everytime. EVERYTIME. He can feel the liquid slowly tear him apart him on the inside. Each time the pain is greater and less at the same time. Something was messing with his brain. There was something there lurking in the shadows of Izuku's brain. He let's out a scream. 

"St- st- stop." His voice and throat can barely form the words. "Ple-Please." 

He always asks. No matter how much it hurt. Izuku had given up hope days ago. He knew instinctively after this that he would never trust anyone ever again. Not after that couple brought him here. But still- was there hope that this man would-

He coughs as the pain lessens and blood splatters his shirt and the floor.

The heroes watch stricken as the doctor instead of stopping, increases the heat and the voltage and the liquid goes into affect again.

Izuku's own body was trying to kill him.

There's no amount of screaming that will help Izuku with his pain. He doesn't try anymore.

"I-I- thought," Izuku coughs again as a rare moment of peace comes and the liquid stops trying to tear his body apart and piece it back together.

The heroes lean forward in their shadows, they need to hear this boy's words. Even if something, maybe fate? was keeping them from moving they were still entraptured by his words. Whatever was happening to this boy- they didn't want to think about it.

"I-," Izuku starts again, "I thought the heroes - heroes - were supposed to save people. I- I- thought- they - they- would've come to sa- save me by now."

Izuku coughs and slowly looses his hold on reality and concious as the doctor lets out a maniacal chuckle.

"His recovery time is getting less and less! The tests are working on him! The quirk is getting used to him! No. no. no. He's getting used to the quirk. Before long I'll have mastered this!" The doctor says with a self-satisfied grin, "A couple more days and then he'll be perfect! The perfect masterpiece!"

The heroes still shocked by the poor boy's words could only understood a couple words from the seemingly random sentences that streamed out from the doctor's mouth. Only Mrs. could focus. If you would even call it that. Green eyes flashing with anger, she drops down stealthily to the floor and walk towards the doctor.

Nobody stops her. They understand. They can't.

With light steps she sneaks up to the doctor and taps his shoulder. 

"Who are you?" The bald man asks as he slowly turns around. "Stop bothering me now- "

Mrs. throws a punch at the bald man's face and suprisingly for his size, he's able to doge quickly.