Chapter 47

Izuku's POV

Izuku was lying right now. Well Izuku was lying always but right now he was lying. If Mrs. was here she would be scared by the boy standing up there on the podium on the field of UA.

With a bright and happy smile placed on his face Izuku put his cheerful voice on, "I would like to thank everyone for their support so far. For the trust and faith you placed in the school of UA. Today is a special day. It's the day of a festival. And festivals are times of fun. So I believe that everyone should have fun! I promise you that I'll be aiming for first place!"

With that he stepped off the podium and the second place person was called up. Bakugou who also declared that he would be after 1st place.

Class 1A - Izuku

Aoi had gone up there and some were worried. Earlier his voice had been so dead. His expression shifty but absent. Nobody could see his face and they were worried. How would he do? After all he was representing their class. Most didn't want to be embarrased.

Uraraka was just worried in general. There was something off about her friend. But she couldn't place it. She just hopes he'll be okay. She hopes that he won't be too rebuked for his distant attitude. 

But nobody's prepared for the bright smile he has on his face as he turns around on the podium and starts speaking into the mic. His voice is steady with the perfect amount of cheerfulness and happiness in it.

To Uraraka it seemed fake. Studied. But she ignored it. It was probably real.

After he finished his speech on everyone being happy or whatever he came down and Bakugou went back up to do his angry loud speech.

Izuku's POV

He had finished speaking whatever hypocritical shit he could spill about happiness.

Ah yes. Being a hypocrite. The moment everyone had finished their speeches the first years were sent into a waiting room to be called out as the teachers got ready for the first stage. 

Class 1A had turned towards Izuku who had come in last of all the students. He had kept a smile firmly on his face, well not the whole time as that was creepy but when he met someone's eye in the crowd he would smile sweetly at them. That way he wouldn't seem too distant or anything.

Class 1A had turned towards Izuku but it wasn't just them. It was all the first years. Most were suprised to finally see the kid who had yeeted himself out of a window a couple weeks back.

But again like before nobody was prepared for the shiver of fear that they felt when they looked at the white haired boy.

His previous happy face had dropped back to his emotionless one but somehow it felt deeper this time. Except well, he was still smiling occasionally to his fellow classmates. As he was being happy the air around him was starting to become stifling. It felt dead. 

Nobody knew what to really say, so everyone let the white haired boy move to a corner in the back of the room where he lowered his head and his hair covered his face.

Everyone was silent until they saw that he wasn't really looking at them anymore and then they went back to their conversations.

"ALRIGHT WE ARE READY LISTNERS!" Present Mic announced and all the first years rushed out to see the first stage.

It's an obstacle course around the entire stadium. From where they were standing they couldn't really see anything except a track and everyone thought that it would be a simple race and were placing bets on who would win.

However, Izuku's experienced eye could spot divets in the ground farther away. There were bombs, and some sort of height obstacle he guessed. 

Midnight explains that students would race each other through the course and when someone asks her what place a student would have to be to pass she doesn't respond saying that it's a suprise.