Chapter 55

Someone's POV idrk

Shoto stares at his classmate who was standing across from him. Their earlier meeting and the other's parting words rang in his ears. "Where did you get the confidence that you could beat me?" Nijima had spat those words in spite, his eyes swimming with hatred before he had left the corridor. 

Shoto had stood there in silence for a moment contemplating what his classmate had said. As far as he knew and even if he didn't want to say it straight to Aoi's face, Nijima was basically fighting quirkless. There was almost no way he could beat Shoto who would have an ice quirk.

So why was it such a terrifying sight to see Nijima Aoi stand across from him with such dark eyes?

Shoto breathed in deep, he would win and he would become number 1 without using his left side.

Izuku's POV

He was standing still, predatory stillness and focus settling over his face. His eyes slowly lost their light in them and turned into dark pools of inky darkness. His natural look, Class 1A blinked in suprise at the sudden change in that cheery boy that had strange mood swings but he never looked dead like that.

The moment Midnight started the countdown the two of them prepared to start fighting. Shoto sank down, lowering his center of gravity while Izuku still stood lazily around.

"3.

2.

1!

Fight!" Midnight called and Shoto started by shooting small little slides out from his hands that rushed towards Izuku with startling speed, and once they got close to the white haired boy, they rammed out of the grown to a full wall sized height with amazing ferocity.  

Izuku stared at the walls hurtling towards him with complete disinterest. Shoto was merely testing his abilities. He relaxed his muscles and with feline smoothness he proceeded to dodge the walls. Shoto immediately sent another larger wall that Izuku had to roll out of the way to dodge.

"Quirks are physical abilities." Izuku states simply in the silence that was following the crackling of Shoto's ice wall rush.

Everyone held their breaths in a baited manner.

"So eventually you're going to run out of ice and use your fire side." Izuku says smiling.

"Why are you so intent on me using my fire side? Didn't I tell you that I wouldn't indulge in something like that?" Shoto asks, anger coating his face.

Izuku remembers a conversation he had with a certain someone earlier.

Endeavor had finally caught Izuku alone as he wanted to talk with the boy. Endeavor had started off by complimenting his fighting. But eventually it led to Endeavor saying that "his" Shoto would pass All Might, like that had to do with Izuku and how he hoped Izuku would put up a good fight against Shoto... basically using him as an effective training bot. 

So Izuku just decided to slap the old man's face with some common sense. He basically went "guess what bitch... HAHAHA you think Shoto's you? Well think twice. Cause he's not." But he said it in more of a polite tone.

So to spite who-knows-who, Izuku would make Shoto use his fire quirk. He would wear Shoto down so much that he would be forced to use his left side. He would make Shoto see that he wasn't Endeavor. 

Shoto kept shooting ice walls that were getting slightly harder to dodge since Shoto wasn't stupid and learning. Izuku could see as Shoto was reaching his physical burnout with his ice quirk as he was slowly freezing over.