Chapter 44

Sorry for not updating too much, I'm going to be going on a little bit of a vacation so the updates might be more scattered in the next two weeks. Or there may be none at all. Or there may be a lot. So I appologize in advance.

Class 1A's POV - Izuku

"Aoi what-what happened to you?" Uraraka had whispered softly into the room. But since the class was quiet with shock, her whisper was loud and everyone heard it. Especially after their classmate's outburst they kind of flinched wondering if Uraraka too would have some sort of emotional breakdown. Everyone was wary of one another wondering who else was holding tight to their demons on the inside.

Aizawa was fully awake now and he had slid out of his sleeping bag before heading towards the classroom door.

"Aoi?!" He asked sticking his head out of the classroom door. Izuku had left in a hurried manner just moment before but when the teacher looked around he couldn't see the white-haired kid anywhere.  

He re-entered his classmates and looked around at his student's stunned expressions. "Care to explain what just happened?"

Izuku's POV

Izuku bolted through the corridors of UA and trying to run all the way home. He didn't even bother to try and stop for a bus or a taxi. As he ran, his backpack thumped heavily on his back as he spritned to get away from all those harshs tares of his classmates. 

His throat felt tight as tears sprung to his eyes, the wind helped Izuku keep the tears in. Tears of frusturation, tears of anger, tears of fear. That whole package.

After 10 months. 10 MONTHS! Of keeping everything under control, playing his part perfectly, it was all falling apart. He had to get away, had to get home, had to recalibrate.

Why did Aizawa have to say what he said? Or say it the way he said it. The way he said it brought back all the memories to Izuku. The suppression, the pain, the training, the isolation, the need to protect her... Even if he was free know he was still haunted by all those memories.

Izuku was best friends with the pain and the fear. He always childishly thought that it wasn't fair that he would have to suffer after the event too.

It was all coming back while everything else was falling apart. Everyone back there in his homeroom was wary and on edge he could feel it despite his confused state.

If he wanted to keep his charade up he had to keep going now.

Class 1A's POV - Izuku

"Care to explain what just happened?" Aizawa asked his class and everyone looked around in confusion. Eventually everyone's stares landed on Uraraka.

"You- you knew him the longest out of all of us right? Can you tell us anything? Your wise insight perhaps?" Kaminari asks, hesitating. 

Uraraka nods slowly, she doesn't know any more than any of them. "Yeah, I do. I- I he's a very um closed off person? Like keeps close to himself. I rarely see him express any emotion other than joy... but sometimes that joy feels really fake. Like he's suffering but smiling for the rest of us... That outbrurst was the most emotion I've actually seen out of him. I don't really know."

"What do you know about him?" Aizawa asks turning towards the bob haired girl.

"I- I met him 10 months ago when he applied for a job at the CAFE. That's where you saw us a lot working, right sensei? From there on we became a little closer and I managed to persuade him into applying to UA. I don't really remember (it's tru i don't remember what i wrote) what he said at first but then we both applied to UA and got in."

"But that's what you all know? Kero." Tsuyu says. "You guys are in this class with us so of course you both applied. Kero. We're asking what do you know on top of that, that we don't? Hobbies? Favorite colour? Favorite movie? Those sort of things that you would know for your friend... IF you don't know that, then that'll be troublesome. Kero." 

Uraraka flushed bright red, "It's true though I don't know anything about Aoi. He's just there. I don't know how but until he acted like that I would have never thought of this. Aoi has a way that makes it seem like you know everything that you need to know about him. He's sort of purposely excluding an aura that seems to deter people from learning about him."

"He's hiding something." Bakugou says calmly, his feet on the desk. Out of all of them he seemed the least affected by their classmates weird outburst. "A lot of people snap like that when they're too much under pressure. Or when they're having some sort of panick attack."

Iida who was not a fan of Bakugou narrowed his eyes. "And how would you know that?"

"Keep yourself out of my affairs four-eyes." Bakugou snapped.

"Was it because you bullied that Izuku Midoriya kid and he got those panick attacks around you?" Kaminari asked with a teasing grin.

Bakugou stood up in his seat and slapped his hands on his table and it starts to smolder, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! I WAS DRUGGED TO TELL YOU GUYS THAT AND WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I WAS FUCKING DRUGGED. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP."

Shoto Todorki was quiet but he did a small awkward cough and everyone turned towards him. "That doesn't mean you didn't bully the kid right?"

Bakugou was silent and finally Iida stepped up for the dead Izuku, "Let's leave it alone. Bakugou told us his take on what happened and we can't keep making fun of a dead person."

The entire time this conversation was going on, Aizawa had slumped to the floor in shock. The name Izuku Midoriya was strangely familiar to him and when he finally placed his finger on it, he wanted to die.

"Did you guys say that Izuku Midoriya was dead?" Aizawa asks.

"Yeah." 

"..." Aizawa really slumped onto his knees then. "I assume in that fire that killed Mrs?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"... Mrs. was an undercover, underground pro hero. Her quirk could basically stop the train of your thoughts basically immobolizing you. But like my quirk it was all in the eyes. But 5 years ago she lost her eyesight."

"How?" Uraraka asked. She had this gut feeling this had to do with Aoi somehow.

"5 years ago, the orphan Izuku Midoriya was fostered by a couple named Aubrey and Tom. Except they were villains and part of a larger organization. Mrs. was undercover and she was trying to find the villain headquarters so she had to use Izuku as a bait.

The villain group was trying to find a way to neutralize quirks and they were trying to find a way to transfer quirks. So 5 years ago, Izuku was taken and for a week he was experimented on. That whole week he spent in a chair being jabbed by countless needles while us heroes tried to find a way to capture the whole group. 

It wasn't easy especially with the doctor there and in the small skirmish that followed our raid, Mrs. lost her eyesight. The boy was recovered and I thought he was safe and happy, I can't believe that he died like that in a fire-" Aizawa trailed off realizing that he may have traumatized his students.

Hagakure, Koda, Sato, and Mina were all holding each others arms trying not to cry.

That poor kid.

~~~~~~

(1248 Words)

Hello! The UA sports festival arc is coming up soon. I just wanted to include these scenes before anything got too crazy.

I'll keep trying to update but since I'm traveling it might be harder <3