Chapter 28

Izuku's POV

"Nijima-" Aizawa starts, "..."

"You got the lowest score in the class." Aizawa says, "And I said earlier that the lowest ranked student would get expelled..."

The class continued to stare at Izuku and he looked back, opening his eyes wide. Doing that hurt his eyes since he was staring at a computer all morning.

"But that was just a joke that I made up. Hahahahaha," Aizawa finishes awkwardly.

The whole class (whole class = whole class - mineta and bakugou) breathes a sigh of relief they didn't know they were holding. The new cinnamon roll of their life couldn't no wouldn't be kicked out!

"But," Aizawa says continuing, "I was wondering what happened back there."

The whole class turns to look at Izuku again who was just smiling awkwardly.

"Um- Sir? What do you mean?" Izuku asks.

"Well, you ranked first for the entrance exam so for you to fail during the activity suprised me... that's all."

"Well," Izuku says before pausing and looking down at his hands, "Like I said um.... my quirk is an analyzing quirk so..."

"..." Aizawa looked at the boy before sighing, "Please just tell me. We both know that you weren't giving it your all."

Izuku looked up, his eyes even widder than before although mentally they were narrowed and were cat eyes.

"I-" Mineta says, "That's true?"

That grape pervist just had to get his opinion in on every topic huh?

"Sir?" Izuku asks questioningly (is that a word?)

"..." Aizawa says before he gives up. "Fine. Go to lunch. I guess. I'll just be here sleeping, bring me coffee? Or I don't actually care as long as you come back after eating."

The class nods at his words and they shuffle out of the class one by one.

Izuku is the last one out and Uraraka was waiting for him outside the classroom. He looks at her in suprise.

"I thought you were going to eat with your new friends-" He starts asking and she slaps his shoulder lightly.

"You are my friend!" She says, "Plus I've known you for longer and I like you better! Not in that way of course!"

Izuku nodded in understanding, platonnically. 

"Thanks." He mutters, "I was going to eat by myself."

"NIJIMA AOI!!!" Iida's familiar voice shouts down from the hall as the two friends were heading to Lunch Rush Cafeteria. 

The motorized boy who was racing towards them screeches to a sudden break. He left a slight bit of scratch marks and before he continued talking to Izuku, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a hankerchief before wiping down the floor. Once the floor was clean he turned back to the pair and started talking. 

"I'm sorry for my earlier behavior during the entrance exam! I spoke to rashly! I don't truly believe that you with your quirk couldn't become a hero. I just didn't know any better or I just didn't under-"

"You just didn't understand or know any better? Um... don't worry about it! People told me that I couldn't be a hero a lot." Izuku says finishing the other's sentence with a small smile.

"Would you like to eat lunch with us?" Uraraka cuts in, savings the group from the awkward silence that settled over them.

Iida nods and gives them a comic thumbs up. Together the three of them start heading towards the cafeteria.