Chapter 40

I've been chipping away at this slowly with my updates so I'm hoping to finish the USJ arc right now. lol the aftermath should be the next chapter if all goes as plan :)

Izuku's POV

Just a moment ago, Kurogiri and Tomura had left and teleported away leaving in their place a bunch of knocked out villains and one strong looking Nomu. 

Oh don't forget the half-unconcious Aizawa and a vigilante disguised as a hero.

If Izuku recalled correctly, Kurogiri had said to Tomura just earlier that All Might was going to arrive at USJ soon. It would have been ideal if Izuku didn't have to do anything more such as fighting the nomu, but he knew that he and Aizawa didn't have the luxury or time to wait for the number 1 hero to arrive and save them.

No. Izuku was going to have to hold off or defeat the nomu all by himself. The nomu's appearance looked and resembled All Might a lot actually. Which wasn't a suprise seeing how Tomura was confident that this monster could kill All Might.

 Luckily Izuku had already met and fought some creatures like this, so he knew how to defeat them. (one day you will find out all of his secrets :')

The nomu that had been just looking around and chilling earlier had started to slowly advance towrads Izuku and Aizawa just taking his sweet time. 

But of course out of nowhere, the weird creature gains a sudden burst of energy and with a loud roar it starts to attack Izuku. Originally Izuku thought that it would attack Aizawa and he'd been prepared to defend his dazed and injured teacher so when the nomu attacked him he reacted on instinct and avoided being pummeled. The nomu was both strong and fast and unlike his fight with Tomura, Izuku get's hit more often than not. 

It's a maze of fast fists that again look similar to All Mights and Izuku has to focus his vigilante skills to avoid dying. 

Aizawa who was slightly unconcious and had a blood covered vision could only comprehend and see that his student was getting injured and beat up, but what could he do? 

Nothing lol. He could only lay there in pain with a head injury and his arm partially disintergrated...

The way the nomu fought spoke volumes about is years of training that it underwent to get this good. However, Izuku knew that it actually did not train for years to get this good.

It was just the doctor creating this in a lab and the doctor just gave it a bunch of quirks and ingrained skills. 

With a feral grin, Izuku twists through the maze of attacks and manages to get close enough for one stab. He's got one chance to kill this monster.

Izuku out of experience always carried a knife on him. No matter where he went he always made sure that he was armed at a bare minimum, for self defense and that sort of thing.  He knows that he only has one stab and one chance to kill this nomu. 

With lightning speed, Izuku manuevers through the maze of attacks and manages to get close enough to plunge the knife into the nomu's heart.

The heart?

Why you may ask? Or even, did a nomu even have a heart? 

Well, Izuku knows from a certain experience, that I as the author will not release yet for plot reasons, that the nomu did indeed have a heart and it did indeed need it.

Although the nomu was created like in a frankenstein way by the doctor villain, the nomu still had a heart. And the nomu indeed need the heart. 

Unlike normal humans the nomu didn't have any blood. But it did indeed have a certain fluid that it circulated through its body. All nomu's had at least 2 quirks, one was the copy that brought them alive and kept them alive. And the others were added on to that. The nomu's heart circulated the quirk inducing fluid and if you damaged or injured the heart, like blood the nomu would loose the fluid and the quirk that kept it alive.

However, unlike humans the doctor made sure that nomu's had a strong protection for their only weakness and so it took special aim and a strong amount of force to actually be able to pierce the heart.

Within that short amount of time, Izuku quickly calculated where the highest popularity that his weapon would be able to pierce through the defenses of the nomu. With that figured out, he ducked under the nomu's left punch and thrust his knife up into the gap between where the ribs where and he felt the knife sink into the flesh of the nomu. 

Hopefully that would work. 

However in that moment, Izuku took a blow to his face and was flown backwards from the force of it. 

Hurry.

Hurry. 

Please work.

Small amounts of a reddish brown, blood looking substance was leaking out from the nomu's chest around where the blade was positioned and its movements were slowing.

It looked shocked but only for a moment and it immediately started heading towards Izuku again.

At that moment before Izuku could truly defeat the nomu and before the nomu could kill Izuku someone, whom Izuku hated arrived.

The number 1 hero showed up to the party late with a loud, "I AM HERE!!!"

The blond hero quickly surveyed situation and Izuku decided to pretend that he was passed out. All Might seeing that a student was about to be engulfed and killed by the weird creature, he quickly leaps into action. All Might barely pulls back his punches as he manages to slowly knock the nomu back. Despite being injured already with the knife wound, the nomu manages to hold strong.

Luckily for Izuku's secret, All Might has no eyes so he can't see the knife sticking out of the nomu's chest. 

The nomu however strong it was before in its weakened state it stands no chance against All Might and after weathering multiple strong punches it flies out of the USJ buildings roof with a loud crash.

The pro hero grabs Izuku swinging the "unconcious" boy over his back and then picks up the Aizawa bundle and prepares to leap back to where the other heroes where.

While Izuku was fighting the nomu and escaping his boat situation, Iida had manages to escape from USJ and had called the pro teachers in for backup. Currently the rest of the teachers were finishing off the rest of the villains and Recovery Girl was treating an injured Thirteen.

So when All Might arrived with an unconcious Izuku and a half-dead Aizawa everyone immediately rushed over to save the cinnamon roll and the sleep deprived caterpillar.

Only Izuku wasn't as injured as they thought.

~~~~~~~

(1126 Words)

I'm sorry this was so short. the whole "nomu's have a heart" thing was made up on the fly bc i needed a way that a quirkless izuku could defeat them... it?

anyways comments?