The Queen's Fix

The Story, The Storm, The Queen
A few days later:

Zach was angry with his mother for breaking a promise. She promised to buy him a Hoverboard a long time ago but never did.

He came to the Office to remind her.

"Buddy I forgot, I am so sorry. But I'm on it, I will talk to Mom tonight"

"promise?"

"I promise. You will have your hoverboard by the end of the week, Baby,"

Dani walked in. "Hi Aunty Dani, bye Aunty Dani"
Zach left.

"A hoverboard? Did Taraji approve?" Dani asked sitting down.

"no, she hates them, she thinks they are unsafe, like skateboarding. Jack only owned those things when he was 14, even then, it was a present from me. Taraji thinks a bike is safer for kids their age. I get it you know, my mom was like that if it wasn't for Dad, we wouldn't know how to do shit when she died, dad took it overboard, he taught Gabi and me how to sail, how to fly a helicopter, he was stressed out and didn't know what he was gonna do with three girls. Gina left for her scholarship, he was down to two even then, it was hard for him. He raised us like boys. I left cheerleading and joined football, people thought it was a trend cause I mean, the cool kid is doing it"

"you were popular. I knew it"
"yeah popular like Mary Poppins"
"and Taraji was not. How was it like being friends with her?"

"It was cool. My friends knew she wasn't going anywhere, that's the thing, Taraji was popular, she was just not one of the cool kids, she was popular for the drama club, for leading the gig squad, for being sassy, you wouldn't bully her, she would bully you right back. So they accepted her as my friend, even though they didn't like her, Sonia was one of them. So I would sneak her out of school to have lunch at the coffee shop nearby. I just loved her presence. I still do" Fantasia said.

"She told me, she was less fortunate. And I know you were rich. How did that work out?" Dani asked, curiosity with no agenda

"at first I didn't know, I mean how can I? She would wear the same sweater 3 days a week but was so freakishly neat. She always smells good, that's one of the things I fell In love with. Her scent. She was so neat, her hair was always on point. I found out later, that she did her hair and washed her clothes every day. When I found out, I drove to her house, she didn't like that, we didn't talk for a week. But I begged for my life, she forgave me. From there it worked perfectly. I would trick her into keeping my clothes. Took her shopping, and every time I went to the salon, I would ask her to go with me, I took care of her way before she could realize it and I loved it. I took so much pleasure doing it and it is stuck with me. Her scent, taking care of her, I really can't live without those things"

"That's sweet. You guys come a long way."

"We do. I met her mom high and drunk one time, I loved her. She was funny, straightforward, and loved her daughter, then a week later, I heard about the fire. Taraji was never the same since"

"they died in a fire?"
"her dad shot her mom, then lit the house on fire before shooting himself. It was tragic. Taraji was not in the house. She disappeared, and she moved out of Brooklyn. Stayed with an uncle with the same drinking pattern in New York. She escaped. Stayed everywhere in New York. Until I came through. Took my money and got a small apartment for her, she found a job, dropped out, and a lot happened. I didn't have much to provide for her, but I made sure she was not evicted. Ken and I became serious, the rest is history."

"wow. So Ken... Did you love him? I mean how did you know you were gay?"

"Every time In Taraji's presence, I knew I was gay, I just didn't wanna admit it to myself or anyone. When she was with me, I would touch her, I would kiss her then turn around and act like I didn't do it. She was patient with me. When Ken and I started dating. I was relieved you know, I was like, thank God I'm straight then go to our dorm room, see her in shots. My... Would twitch, she would end up in my bed, she would make me feel things no boy would make me feel. Still denial"