Chapter 99 : Pestering the husband

Ivanna

"Good morning, love. Had to rush for some work. I  know I should be there with you but it's urgent. Take care"

The note is stuck with a purple rose. I wonder how he manages to do different things every single time to make me smile.

"Do you need some help to use the washroom?" Mrs Fisher asks.

"No, I think I can walk properly now." I smile at her.
However, Mrs Fisher helped me to reach the washroom. I can say Christian has properly instructed everyone before leaving. I'm glad he left instead of hanging his work for me.

I stand under the shower while rinsing my body thoroughly with a bunch of things roaming in my head. Finally, I have made up my mind to tell Christian about Adrian and after the accident, I haven't got a single moment to talk about it.

The growing concern of Adrian towards me has been disturbing me from the moment Emily told me she saw Adrian in the hospital. Why was he there? What if Christian saw him and doubted something and the truth broke out before I could say?

I know if there was anyone else in my place, the person would quit the job. However, I have always been a woman of my decision. Why do I have to leave a job only because I shared a past with my boss? I believe I didn't make a mistake. Why should I lose the opportunity for my personal issues? If today someone asks me why I didn't quit the job, I'll ask them why it's expected from a woman to run away to save everything.

Adrian assured me that he wouldn't bother me.
And he never did. I don't blame him if it has been hard to hide things. Nonetheless, I think he should try. I can easily blame him for not showing up after that night. There was a promise with zero commitment. Still, I managed to wait and love him until I could.

I still love that man from that night but I can't find the same in Adrian anymore. Maybe, because he was drunk and that version of him existed for a night. I won't regret something that gave me at least a bit of happiness.

But it's life. That's how life works. Moving on and valuing what you have.

I finish the shower and get dressed for the day. Since I'll not be doing anything, I think it's better to read some books sitting on the balcony.

The weather is sunny and the balcony is bright, vibrant with the cool Breeze hitting my skin. I sit in the swing and take a sip of my coffee while reading until Mrs Fisher gets my breakfast.

Emily

With my pounding heart, I step inside Kane's office. Never in my life, have I been so nervous. If anyone hears my situation, They are gonna laugh at how crazy I am to get nervous over silly things.

However, that silly thing isn't too despicable to ignore. I can't forget the urge in his eyes when he tried to explain it to me.

Did he ever do so with any of his employees? I don't think so. I never saw him talking unnecessarily to anyone before. Why am I raising my expectations when I know this is absurd?
Such an encounter with your boss is definitely absurd.

"Miss Benson?" I come out of my thoughts with a roar from Kane, which startled me, gawking at him.

His eyes dart on the scattered papers in the table and his palm firmly banging on the table.

"Y---- yes, sir" I stammer

"Have you gone deaf? Or have you left your mind somewhere else to hear me out?" He groans.

Damn it. I don't know since when he's calling me.

"I'm--- I'm sorry," I mutter. "What were you saying?"