Chapter 70 : No one after you

Ivanna

"I love you, Iv"

I can only hear those three words echo inside my head like a melody-- so intense-- so real. However, I know how good he is at lying. And how dumb I am to fall for his words every time.

When did you become an emotional fool, Ivanna?

I press my lips and sniff. His arms cage me against him in a tight embrace and I feel his cosy breath fanning my skin.

"I love you so much" he whispers burying his nose into my neck.

"You might have said the same to Irene once, right?" The most cruel reply comes out of my mouth.

What a pathetic girl I am to say such a thing to a man who just confessed his feelings?

Nonetheless, he didn't leave a choice for me. I wonder how many days it'll last. He was so complicated to understand. I can try to trust anything but his love. He doesn't love me. I know he just doesn't.

It's just a crazy attraction that's holding us together. He's my need and I'm his. That's it.

"You might have said this to all the women you have dated once. What if you find someone else after me the way you found me after Irene? What if you left me for someone else the way you left Irene for me? Love isn't just an easy word, Christian."

Suddenly Christian rolls me on my back and my body quivers when he comes on top of me. Our eyes meet, his burning gaze lingering on me, Peering deep into my eyes. I can feel him pressing me against him and the bed while keeping his strong eye contact. He says nothing-- just tightens his grip around me more and keeps looking into my eyes without blinking it seems as if he's trying to prove himself.

"I know you find everything lie, Iv. You think I have lied to you every single second from the day we met. But you can't deny that you love the way I lie"

A string shiver runs down my spine at his words.

Is he even wrong?

I live the way he does every damn thing, even if he's not just lying. I love to find honesty in his lies.

My heart believes everything he says.

What will you call a person when they know they are being betrayed, hurt and destroyed but still choose to believe the illusion?

He is my favourite illusion which breaks occasionally to show me the reality and drags me again into the fairytale.

If this is not an addiction, then what is it?

It can't be love.

"If you think my feelings for you is a lie," he husks. "Then it is, I love you. I love you so fucking much"

Before I can respond, he smashed his lips into mine for a hungry kiss. I don't respond. I can't. I'm too tired to respond to his wild actions. He deepens the kiss, nibbling my bottom lip. And I moan softly.

"There was no one before you," he says gripping my jaw and making me look at him in the eyes.
"And there will be no one after you, Iv. It's you, my love. It's only you."

"Chris!" I whine as my voice melts into his mouth once again

I close my eyes feeling the tears running down my cheeks, his thumb wipes my tears as his other hand slips inside my satin top.

My breath hitches as his hands run inside my top pulling it over my head, finding their way to my nipples, my pussy clenching with his touch--- his fingers outline the curves of my chest and tracing my nipples sends shivers down my entire body.