Chapter 97 : But It'll Always Be You

Christian

Ivanna was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. I brought her back to the villa right away since her lying on the hospital bed was sickening me. I can watch her sleeping and lying in our bed for days or weeks but definitely not in the hospital bed.

There's a small medical set up in the room because she needs to be under observation for a couple more days. The doctor wanted her to stay over there but I asked him to keep her under observation at home. They also appointed a full time nurse for her.

"For how long are you gonna stare at these flowers?" I chuckle, walking towards the bed after the nurse leaves the room.

I have been watching her staring at the red roses from the moment she has been settled back home.

She smiles at them lovingly and looks at me.

"Shouldn't I? They are so pretty and they remind me of the days I spent with you," she whispers.

I lean closer, watching her from close. Her eyes are still red and her face still looks swollen. Our hands tangle and lock with each other.

"And was I able to keep you happy?" I ask, knowing that most of the time I have hurt her. But she still stayed. And I'll always be grateful to her for that, for trusting me.

She used to say didn't trust me.

Then 'why did she stay? For six long months. She indeed trusts me even though she doesn't realise it.

She blinks her eyes as a positive reply.

"You did"

She cups my cheeks rubbing her thumb on them, I lean into her touch. We silently peer into each other's eyes. As a few seconds pass, I grab her wrist and drags myself behind her. My hand snakes around her waist as I carefully left her on my lap. She tilts her head back at me.

"We didn't cuddle for four days," I sniffed.

She cracks up and kisses my cheek.

She rests her head on my shoulder and I dig my face into her neck.

"I think you should rest for a while," she murmurs, tracing her fingers on my arm. "It's been too much for you"

"I'm already resting," I mumble, into her neck. Kissing her soft spot. She shivers, making a soft moan with my 5 o'clock shave teasing her.

I know she loves it

"Will you ever listen to me, Chris?" She complains

"Don't I always?"

"But you become stubborn sometimes?"

"Why can't we just stay like this? I'm feeling better," I pout, kissing her cheeks.

"You're impossible "

She gives up since she knows I'm not going to listen to her when it comes to having her in my arms, the only effective stress buster I have.

"Chris, I was wondering something," she says in a low tone, tracing my wedding ring.

"What?" I lift my head and tuck her hair behind her ear.

"I didn't get any present for you. I never got you one," her tone is low and upsetting.

"What can be more precious than you?" I smile at her and kiss her other cheek.

"No! Don't be so cheesy now. Then why did you get me roses? You're precious to me, right?" She frowns, driving her eyes away.

My lips automatically stretch into a blissful smile.
This woman has no clue how she expresses so deep things without even realising.