91. Source of happiness

Start from the beginning

Was it because of her beauty?

Heidith mentally shook his head.

It can't be.

Was it because she was his fiancée?

Heidith had no idea. He couldn't figure out why he loved her. He couldn't find a proper reason.

"Too much makeup," saying that, Heidith withdrew his hand, looking away.

"Hmph!" Zadhea pursed her lips. "It's not too much."

"It really isn't too much, your Highness," the female worker chimed in. "She's already so beautiful and has stunning facial features. I only did a very light makeover."

Heidith nodded at the stylist. "Thank you. She looks amazing."

Zadhea waited for the woman to leave them alone before putting her hands on her waist, angrily glaring at Heidith, feeling mistreated. "Why are you two-faced?"

Heidith shrugged at her remark. "I was being polite with her. How can I make her feel upset? It's her hard work, ugly or not."

Zadhea felt even more angry. "What did you say?"

"Ugly." He chuckled, liking her fierce persona.

The girl grabbed a pillow, getting ready to beat him to death using it.

Heidith realized that the situation was about to get out of control and his death was near, so he quickly sputtered, "I have a present for you."

"A present?" Zadhea threw the pillow away and hopped to his side. "What is it?"

Heidith felt happy when he sensed her enthusiasm. He slid a hand into his pants pocket and took out a small box before giving it to her. "Here."

Zadhea opened the box with a throbbing heart. It was his second gift for her, and she was excited.

His first gift was the most precious. Zadhea hoped he wouldn't disappoint her this time too.

"Oh. A bracelet." She didn't like jewelry that much. Hence, Zadhea was a bit unhappy but when she took it out, a surprised gasp escaped from her mouth. "So beautiful."

And simple. Just like she wanted.

"Where did you get it from?"

"From a jewelry shop. It's for their fifteenth anniversary."

"Oh, wow." Zadhea clenched the bracelet in her hand. "Fifteen is my age too... although I'll be turning sixteen sooner."

When Heidith heard it, an idea came to his mind. "Why don't we come here next year to buy the sixteenth one too?"

Zadhea gave him a nod. "Okay."

"Years afterward?"

"Fine." She shrugged nonchalantly.

The bracelet was worth visiting.

Heidith was astonished. He was just casually asking. He didn't think she would actually agree with it. A smile subconsciously appeared on his lips.

He realized that whenever he was with her, he would laugh or smile most of the time.

A single word from her made him happy. He felt like it was such a bliss to be with her.

She was the source of his happiness.

"Does it mean you like my present?" Heidith asked, still smiling.

However, Zadhea's answer made him sad.

"Nope."

"Why?" Heidith didn't hide his disappointment as he questioned.