89. Sharing is caring

Start from the beginning

"Oh yes," Zadhea trailed behind him, asking, "By the way, did you have your lunch this afternoon?"

"Mhmm, I couldn't. I had to look for a kid," Heidith answered truthfully.

"A kid?" Zadhea pursed her lips, feeling aggrieved. "I'm not a kid."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Okay... Kid."

"Hmph!" Zadhea looked away, folding her arms over her chest.

"Ha ha," Heidith laughed heartily.

When Zadhea heard it, her gaze softened as a smile decorated her face.

"It's beautiful," she subconsciously mumbled.

"Huh?" Heidith tilted his head, looking confused.

"Nothing," Zadhea took his wrist and dragged him out. "Let's go."

Heidith looked at the way she held his hand as his lips curved into a smile, feeling happy. Then he interlocked their fingers.

Zadhea pretended that she didn't care, although her heart beat rose up.

At the dining table...

"We are the only people here," Zadhea looked around, feeling a little better since she didn't like crowds that much.

As she said, the dining hall was empty except for the two of them and a waiter who stood in a corner, ready to approach them whenever they needed his help.

The place was quite spacious, and it looked similar to a hotel restaurant.

"Not surprising," Heidith pushed some bread to her side. "It's three in the morning after all."

"Three AM?" Zadhea widened her eyes, finding it hard to believe. "Time passed that fast? I didn't feel it."

"But I did," Heidith released a soft sigh. "It felt like an eternity..."

Each passing second felt like hours to him. He didn't give up searching for her, although time seemed to stop. It felt suffocating and uneasy, almost unbearable. His heart was beating fast like a drum, and he was super afraid, thinking that something bad happened to her. When he found her jacket and heels, his soul almost left his body. He was that terrified. He even forgot to breathe. He felt alive again only when he saw her sitting on a bench with his own eyes. That time he swore to himself that he would never abandon her like that no matter what. Or else, he knew if something happened to her due to his recklessness, he would regret it for the rest of his life.

Zadhea opened her mouth to say something, but the waiter approached their table with a boiled egg.

"There's only one left," he put it down on the table between the couple. "I deeply apologize for that, your Highnesses. Please bear with it."

"It's fine. You can go," said Heidith. "Ah, don't forget to bring our juices too. That'll be enough. You don't have to bring anything else again."

"Aye, sire."

When the waiter left them, Zadhea looked at Heidith and said, "You can eat fish. I'll eat this egg."

Before she could take it, Heidith quickly grabbed the egg and ate half of it before putting it on her plate.

"Sharing is caring," he winked at her.

Zadhea gave him a stern look. "Are you serious right now?"

Heidith shrugged in return.

Zadhea had no choice but to finish the other half of that egg.

The waiter brought a glass of apple juice and informed them that the orange juice would be delayed.