72

Gerald suddenly transformed and became the chief advisor of the United Fleet. His opinions will play a key role in the decisions of the parliament and even the emperor.

The fleet set off in a mighty manner, and it was not just the Moluccas they faced. Francois I was always brooding over the defeat in the Milan War. Taking advantage of this opportunity, he did not hesitate to support the Moluccas in order to consume the military strength of his old rival and delay the fleet on the sea for a long time.

No matter what kind of wars were going on between countries at sea, Agape frequently came in and out of Isabella's palace in the Palace of Seville. As a close friend, he could not take care of the queen's health and could only let her stay. She feels better.

At this time, his position in the court was undoubtedly delicate.

In the eyes of outsiders, the assassin caused the queen to miscarry, and she brought warning and revenge from the Moluccas - but there is no doubt that Agape is the owner of the plantation, the horticulturist who single-handedly cracked the secret recipe of spice cultivation, compared to the queen. , he is the one in more danger. In addition, he had almost been assassinated by poisonous hands several times before, and a rumor inevitably spread in the court: it was he who attracted the hatred of the Moluccas in the first place, and that was the reason why the queen suffered.

Similar words will not distract him. Agape has already made a decision in his heart, but he just doesn't know what time to choose to make it clear.

"Are you awake?" As he approached Isabella's bed, he smelled a strong smell of medicine. "Are you feeling better today?"

The maid motioned to him, and Agape walked closer, because her face was pale. The queen showed the bouquet in her hand, "Look, I brought you flowers."

The lilies were as white as silver, and the buds were dotted with bright red shining berries, and Isabella immediately smiled.

"These are the flowers when I got married!" she said eagerly, "Come closer and let me touch them."

Her slender and weak fingers kept sliding on the petals, and through the happy memories, a touch of A soft blush spread across her cheeks at the same time.

"When will spring arrive?" Isabella asked softly, "Of all the people, please answer me this question. When I was young, spring outings, dances, and outings were all very enjoyable. Patient activity, who knew this day would come? I am trapped in this bed, looking longingly at the flowers, wind and freedom outside the window..."

Agape inserted the bouquet into the silver vase and adjusted a beautiful one for the patient. angle.

"Soon," he sat by the bed and held the queen's hand, "soon. Autumn is about to pass, and the winter in Seville is very comfortable. There is a warm fireplace in the house, It will snow a little more outside the house... When the snow melts, the wind stops, and the birds chirp, that is the sound of spring." He looked at the thin

Isabella, who was listening to his words wholeheartedly, and his nose suddenly twitched. acid.

However, Agape quickly suppressed the sourness and continued: "You still have a long time. When spring comes, your body will get better. Dances, outings, spring outings, anything can be done! We can do anything! You can dance all night long at the Palace of Seville and pile the desserts as high as a person..."

Isabella was cheerful and amused by him. After she smiled, her eyes flashed with melancholy again, and she waved to Agape to come closer.

Agape put his ear to her and heard her say softly: "I'm wondering if I...can't have children anymore?"