48

It was only then that the emperor took a serious look at the man in front of him.

He was tall, pale, and cold, like a ghost stranded in the world. A hideous scar stretching from the tip of his brow to the corner of his mouth completely ruined his appearance, not to mention the other small scars that spread out from this terrifying trunk. Anyone with some experience should be able to see that this is not a scene that can be caused by an accident. It is as if someone maliciously created them, vowing to make the injured feel the most humiliation and pain.

In addition, he was lame and his right leg always showed signs of sag when he walked. But this person didn't intend to cover up this flaw. Instead, he didn't care and showed its existence openly. This is enough to show that he is either an arrogant man who goes his own way, is arrogant to a certain extent, and never cares about the eyes of the world, or he has absolute confidence and power that can silence those who want to laugh at him.

Charles I recognized the man in front of him.

——He is a traitor and conspirator of the Scott family. He brought to Portugal a rare treasure and a wealth of two million florins. At the same time, he bought himself a nationality, a title, and a title. The king's favor.

Some people say that although he is extremely wealthy, he still lives a simple life like a Puritan; some people say that he is Gerald Scott's loyal old subordinate, bent on revenge for his master... In any case, for anyone For humans, he is a terrible enemy, and anyone who still has their mind should not choose to go against him.

However, Charles I was the new Roman emperor who defeated Francis I and Henry VIII in the election, and is now one of the most powerful people in Europe. Even though he was alone at this moment, facing this incarnation of terror, the emperor still calmed down, puffed out his chest, and said loudly: "I am talking to my friend, and it has nothing to do with you! Now, if you are not If you want to choose the disobedient path, leave quickly and cause trouble for your king for no reason!" "

As far as I know, a friend will not belittle another friend without any basis." Gerald showed no sign of it. With an emotionless smile, twilight enveloped the earth, and his white teeth flashed like the fangs of a wild beast.

"And what kind of impulsive things a lover will do for the true love in his heart is beyond anyone's imagination!" Charles I said sternly, because he could not help but feel completely annoyed because he had to analyze himself in front of a foreigner, " Please don’t act on your own and be a heroic Gurdius here, rushing into the abyss of life. You must know that the price of offending a king is heavy, and the price of offending an emperor is even worse than the former. !"

Gerald stared at the king's face, he chewed the king's words quietly, and a suffocating silence spanned the two of them. After a long time, Gerald suddenly smiled.

He did not take back the ominously suggestive right hand behind his back, but raised his left hand and pressed it on his chest. At the same time, he bowed his body and gave a long-overdue salute to the emperor.

"I agree with your statement!" In an instant, his face became kind and approachable again, making people feel like spring breeze. If you have never witnessed it with your own eyes, you will never believe how a person can change his look and emotions in an instant like changing a mask.

"People who are in love are indeed more passionate than ordinary people. Please forgive me for my offense. I found this place not without reason. Perhaps, I have a proposal that your Majesty may be interested in. "

Charles I narrowed his eyes suspiciously. At this time, he was deeply aware that the man in front of him was an out-and-out dangerous person.

"A proposal that I might be interested in? Ha! Mr. Ambassador, after you rudely intimidated the emperor of this country, why do you think you still have this chance?" "