59

In the evening a week later, Agape received an invitation from Charles I and Isabella to have dinner with them. In addition to him, there were Bishop Juan, the emperor's exclusive chaplain, Prime Minister Gatinara, Baron Chevre, the Holy See Ambassador Castimone and several other palace favorites. Together they formed this secretive and prosperous small court, influencing the rulers of the empire overtly or covertly, and indirectly radiating their influence to the entire country.

Among them, Agape is undoubtedly the most powerful and weak one. But he was modest and gentle-tempered, and never paid attention to the struggle for power. He only focused on the spice fields and his little daughter. Perhaps the empress appreciated him more than the emperor who really needed the plantation. However, there is no doubt that in the current Spanish court, whoever wins the favor of Queen Isabella will truly stand out and be so popular.

They had been married for more than a month, and Charles I and his wife were still inseparable. As long as they were in the same room, they could no longer see anyone else in their eyes. Although everyone in the huge palace was secretly staring at the two of them, trying to figure out the couple's thoughts, they just lowered their voices, looked into each other's eyes, laughed in each other's ears, and said things that no one could hear. Whisper. Soon, someone in the parliament complained, "His Majesty the Emperor is no longer diligent in governing. The whole morning has passed, but he can't do anything."

At the moment, Isabella picked up the wine glass and spoke to the minister next to her: "...Unfortunately, Mr. Ambassador was accidentally shot by a crossbow while hunting. I'm afraid he can only recuperate during this period. There is nothing he can do." My son has not attended any banquet."

"Poor ambassador!" Charles I took over his wife's words. However, he had no good impression of the unfathomable and frightening Scott, but he was just greedy for the huge amount of money he promised. Lorraine's words inevitably revealed a bit of schadenfreude, "I hope he didn't get hit by a wild boar after being hit by an arrow." Hearing

the key words "crossbow" and "arrow", Juan Fonce Ka raised his eyebrows and glanced at Agape without any trace, and saw him lowering his eyes and chewing a small quail expressionlessly. The crisp crunching sound came from between the teeth.

Good boy, the bishop whispered in his mind, good boy.

"Ha!" Baron Chevre smelled the emperor's subtle intention and immediately joked with a sarcastic attitude, "Why, was shot by an arrow? I thought the ambassador didn't ride a horse or walk, he only flew in the sky. But Then again, birds, no matter what kind of bird, must be afraid of weapons like bows and arrows."

His words caused a burst of light laughter, and the Prime Minister warned half-heartedly: "Be careful, my lord, be careful. The ambassador of Portugal is not an easy person to get along with. If what you said today reaches his ears, there will inevitably be a storm." "

What are you afraid of?" The baron showed a crooked smile and suddenly turned to Agape.

"When that black crow really comes to my door, my lord, you have to vouch for me! After all, your little daughter is loved by everyone, and even such a gloomy and terrifying person gives her generous gifts."

Agape Wiping the sauce from the corner of his mouth, he smiled politely.

"No matter what," he said, "I hope Mr. Ambassador can recover soon."

Isabella raised her glass for his defense of her country's ministers, while the old bishop lowered his voice and joked: "Boy, lies are harmful to God. "It's disrespectful."

"...Looking at it this way, there are too many people who are disrespectful to God," Agape replied, "I'm probably not the only one." "

That's true."