52

To be fair, this diamond is indeed not as sparkling as the one that Charles I wore on his hand, nor is it as huge and brilliant as the one that the Pope set in the triple tiara, but for a meeting gift - especially for a gift For a little girl's greeting gift - it is really too much. The ladies of the palace and the ministers present were all loyal friends of such expensive jewelry. They could see at a glance that the value of this diamond was at least as high as one hundred thousand florins.

Isabella held the folding fan under her nose in astonishment and exclaimed in a low voice: "Mr. Ambassador...!"

In an instant, the Agapes and their daughters became the center of attention. Agape opened his eyes wide and stared at the man in black in shock. He gently placed a hand on Lily's back to give his daughter the courage to support her.

The place was eerily quiet. The Spanish courtiers and ladies did not understand this wealthy Portuguese ambassador, so they all looked at each other, only exchanging different looks, and were not easy to speak.

They only knew that Black Crow was deeply trusted by Manuel I. Apart from the king and the Holy See, he was probably the richest man on the European continent. He was nameless and reclusive. He never accepted any invitations from Spain except to guard Isabella. Others were often unable to find out where he was, so there was no way to make friends with him.

Lily pursed her lips. She looked at the diamond and then into the raven's eyes.

Isabella was the first to speak, and said with an air of relief: "Mr. Ambassador, Mr. Ambassador! You have put this little lady in a difficult position. It is obvious that she is still young and has a pure nature. She does not know how to control such a sum of money." Wealth. She is the age of a bud. When I was her age, I could only think about things that would make me laugh. Being able to play with my brothers and sisters in the garden for an afternoon was all I could think about. The happiest thing in my life. I want to say that your gift is too heavy and will only embarrass this little lily... Mr. Agape, what do you say?" Agape said with anger, fiercely towards the black crow.

glared. It was this look. Gerald was so excited that he could hardly control his surging heart, and his eyelashes trembled.

"It's great that you can give Lily such thoughtful consideration. I thank you for your kindness, Your Majesty." He thanked Isabella for her help first, and then said, "But please understand that we are like this." The family is unable to provide comprehensive education for their children. You can say that I have spoiled Lily and turned her into a lawless wild child... But I still respect her own ideas, because I know, She is smart, perceptive, and has her own set of opinions about people and things. As for this presumptuous gift from the distinguished Mr. Ambassador..."

At this point, he glared at the black crow again, and Gerald turned his head. Covering up the itching in the throat and the signs of dizziness.

"I think it's up to Lily to decide. Accept it, reject it, or treat this diamond as a beautiful marble and hit it anywhere." The Queen was amused by him. She was very interested and full of expectations

. He looked towards Lily, wanting to see what decision she would make.

Among all the people with different thoughts, Lily frowned her black eyebrows, showing a serious expression that did not match her age. She stared at the black crow and said solemnly: "As for money and interests, we must be their masters..."

"Not their admirers," Gerald said softly.

"Well," Lily said, "but money and interests will never flow to weak people..." "

Any assets obtained for no reason will eventually be lost for no reason."

"So, I got it for no reason . Is this diamond yours?" Lily asked bluntly, "If it is, I will return it to you now, because I don't want to lose it for no reason; if not, then for what reason? You will use it. What kind of favor do you want from me in return?"