6

"Boy," a rough voice suddenly came from behind Agape, "you are here."

On a rare cloudy day on an island, Gerald left their bed very early and headed to his fleet to inventory the cargo. This was a sign that he was about to leave. As a guest who had sailed here, he had stayed too long. Agape was also waiting uneasily, because according to his promise, Gerald would take him away together and return to the mortal world where they could be combined and be together for life.

He turned the ring on his hand absently, and suddenly heard a voice coming from behind, rude and hesitant at the same time.

Very familiar. Agape turned back in a hurry, and saw "Daddy" standing not far away. The slave owner was still dressed luxuriously, and the black whip was still tied around his waist. Agape took one look at it, and a chill rose in his heart.

"Sir... Your Majesty." Agape murmured. He could not help but think of those unbearable days and nights. Even though the current situation was different from the past, he still could not forget the process of being shaped and tortured - out of consideration of interests. , Slave traders only regarded slaves as things that could change their shape at will, and did not regard them as human beings of the same kind or as living beings at all.

"In March of previous years, this place was more prosperous than any big port." Dad shrugged and said to himself, "Gold and silver jewelry, purple robe dyes, tigers, leopards and rhinos, as well as countless precious woods, spices and silks … Countless royal treasuries are spread out on display here to show off their wealth and status to their respective owners, and there are many transactions brokered by new customers. Why is this year so different from before, boy, do you know the reason?”

Agape didn't understand what he meant, so he could only reply: "I don't know."

"Because this year, the master of the Moluccas has arrived." Dad gave a hoarse laugh. "No one dared to neglect him, and no one dared to joke about the spice trade in the next ten years, so they all left. It’s like avoiding a reef, avoiding a storm that is sure to sink the ship.”

Dad stared at him. The slave owner's eyes were hard to describe, but they filled Agape's heart with an ominous meaning.

He murmured: "I know the Molucca, he told me..."

"You just heard." Dad said, "One-tenth of the European royal family's expenditure on purchasing luxury goods goes there every year. No matter the pope, the royal family, or the nobles, no one can do without the supply of spices. Spices divide classes and distinguish between high and low. Connected to the gods of religion, what about their owners, do they also have the same majesty?”

He did not wait for Agape's reply. The young slave looked at him, wanting to explain, but not knowing where to start.

He already understood what he meant.

"No slave can leave this island, boy," the father said in a cold tone, "There has never been one before, and there will never be one in the future. You are an obedient asset. If all my subordinates were people like you, then I would definitely be very upset. It saves worry. Listen, boy, I am being kind today and will tell you that your master did offer a generous price to buy you, but at what cost? I did make a lot of money, but I paid Is his reputation only worth this amount of money? After all, compared with what he wants to do, my future business will be greatly reduced. "

Agape said slowly: "I remember, when Gerald chose me, weren't you overflowing with joy and flattering him?"

The slave trader sneered and warned: "I noticed that you have grown some claws, which is not bad. I flatter him because I have no choice, and you have no choice. However, if you still have some ideas in your heart about the future, expectations, let’s try to struggle out of this ridiculous love game.”