55

Ten days later, a grand banquet was held at the Palace of Seville. The royal chef meticulously followed the method provided to them by Agape, using a series of steps such as soaking in salt water and drying in the sun to prepare a bumper harvest of pepper fruits. In order to show their flattery to the emperor and empress, the royal chefs worked hard and used all expensive and rare ingredients to create a perfect "pepper feast".

Sauces made from vinegar, fermented fish sauce, rue, pepper and honey are spread on kid, suckling pig, venison, beef, chicken, duck, goose and tender quail, while poultry is stuffed with pepper and dried fruits. , a sweet and spicy sauce drizzled with crisp vegetables; served with mulled wine made from pepper, honey, mint and thyme; and after the main meal, there is pepper wheat flour pie - stuffed with fish and lamb , and spice-roasted preserves topped with milky buffalo mozzarella.

Although Charles I liked simplicity and had no hobbies worth draining the treasury in his life, he had nothing to complain about this ancient Roman-style extravagant pepper banquet. This just shows that his investment in the plantation is completely worthwhile, and it is foreseeable that Spain will receive huge returns for this in the near future.

At the banquet, high-ranking officials and dignitaries rushed to attend. Many people were impatient and wanted to establish a good relationship with the future manager of the plantation. However, when they saw Agape standing next to the bishop of Burgos, and the stern and harsh old man looking at everyone with a critical look, no matter how courageous others were, they could not bear it. I'm about to shrink back.

"Compliments, boasts, flattery..." Juan Fonseca twisted his thin lips and spat out some harsh words, "Look at them, Agape! This is the environment you have to adapt to in the future. , the mediocre people you have to face. Although I don’t want you to see this, but the matter is here - His Majesty is likely to award you a title on the spot. In other words, you must step onto the political stage that belongs to you.

" Gapay touched the stiff collar uncomfortably, it tickled his neck, and turned the cuffs unfamiliarly to prevent the angular cufflinks from scratching the embroidery on the coat.

"I don't know," he whispered in embarrassment, "I don't have any background, I was just born in a small fishing village. I'm not even a noble, not even a commoner! I... from the bottom of my heart, I feel that I You don't belong here."

"Uh, little country bumpkin." The bishop looked like he wanted to roll his eyes, but because this behavior was very undignified, he restrained himself, "Yes, you were born in a small fishing village. Little slave, even though His Majesty the Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and all of Spain personally holds your hand and calls you a friend, even though his queen also admires you very much and wishes to take your daughter as her own, even though you Meet the Bishop of Burgos, who is here now, lecturing you like an annoying old man, oh, and, even though the Portuguese ambassador gave your daughter a gift at the royal wedding Diamonds worth the annual Spanish national tax - but yes! You are a little slave born in a small fishing village, that's all, I have no objection."

Agape: "...Ah, um, okay? "

This time the bishop failed to restrain himself.

At the banquet, the emperor's behavior did not escape the bishop's prediction. When the banquet reached its climax, with everyone toasting in celebration and praising the delicacies in front of them, Charles I stood up and loudly announced his decision.

——Agape was officially awarded the title of knighthood and the title of owner of the Seville Palace Plantation. From today on, he is not only an honorary citizen of Spain, but also its true viscount.

"Well, this is strange." Privately, Juan Fonseca said to himself, "I thought he was a baron."

At the same time, in Agape, accepting everyone's praise and blessings, And bathing in their envious, jealous, and disapproving gazes, Gerald stood in front of the greenhouse door and as expected saw the lax guards and some drunken flowers. Craftsman, gardener.