58

Gerald Scott lost his voice.

Agape's index finger and middle finger were on the trigger. It only took a slight movement to break his neck in a flash of lightning. However, at the critical moment of life and death, Gerald had no fear, loss, sadness, pain... nothing, only a kind of relief that he had known he would be like before, and a kind of intoxicated melancholy, rising from his soul like mist.

"...Okay," he licked his lips and murmured, "Okay, okay..."

Agape's arms were trembling, and his fingers couldn't stop trembling. Although he got here based on pure impulse and stood in front of this devil, when the time came, he had to decide a person's life and death at the snap of his fingers. He had to execute another person who could breathe, speak, and have joy according to his own will. The lives of living creatures filled with anger, sorrow, and joy... this is different after all.

can i do it? His breathing was rapid, and the look in his eyes was changing. Can I really do this?

He couldn't help but look at Gerard. Although Agape didn't want to admit it, the man in front of him stood motionless, just staring at him blankly, as if he only wanted to die before he died. He felt satisfied as he could see Agape's face in full view. The old image of the Black Crow was flashing faintly in Gerald Scott's eyes.

Oh my god, if this devil can resist stubbornly and fight like a trapped beast, or say some flattering words and explain his apology before death - even if there is only one sentence, Agape will happily understand the other party's determination to fight to the death. , and gave him the ending he deserved without hesitation.

But there was...nothing. Gerald Scott just lowered his arms and stood there meekly and willingly. He had tears of joy in his eyes and a smile on his lips. It was more like he wanted to die, so he encouraged him to snap his fingers.

Agape has a gentle nature, and he can empathize with many unfortunate things in life, so he will try his best to avoid making others suffer from those painful and embarrassing situations. In dealing with people and things, he becomes strong when he encounters the strong and becomes weak when he encounters the weak. To those who bully others, he often sticks to his own opinions and shows his stubborn and hard side; to those who are good and weak, he becomes patient and encourages them. They speak their minds.

Generally speaking, Agape is a soft-spoken person. At this moment, the enemy in front of him changed from a lion to a lamb—even though the two had the same hateful appearance—Agape inevitably realized as never before: his crossbow was pointing at a living person, and he wanted to What was taken was a human life.

Let’s do it! Give up your soul so that you can take another's soul! What's more, he is still your enemy. Killing Gerald Scott is not only for yourself, but also for the people!

No...I will never end up in the same situation as Gerald Scott, letting my hands be stained with blood and becoming a murderer. How else can I set a good example for Lily? I have a premonition in my heart that if I really cross this line, I will definitely become a different person.

The two thoughts were chaotically intertwined. At one moment, the determination for revenge prevailed, and at another moment, conscience and bottom line prevailed. Agape's arms were unsteady and he clenched his teeth. The few breaths he took seemed as long as a lifetime.

Gerald kept looking down at him. Suddenly, his body leaned forward, suddenly breaking the stalemate. Agape was startled, his fingers suddenly retracted, and there was a loud, ear-piercing sound!

Red hot blood spurted out, and a sharp crossbow arrow penetrated deeply into the upper left side of Gerald's chest - but not the heart, it missed the heart.