30

Just when Agape planted his harmless and gentle roots in the bishop's garden and planted his feet in the bishop's territory, Gerald's wish was initially realized.

The poisonous blood is still flowing in his body. If anyone dares to touch his skin, they will find that his body temperature is different from that of ordinary people - he has been running a fever intermittently.

Everyone was afraid of Bardas' reputation, but for Gerald, it was really easy to convince a warrior. He claimed to be a defector from the Scott family. After Mrs. Jane raised the banner of rebellion and executed the previous head of the family, the branches of the family that did not support her were also massacred. He was lucky enough to escape and get acquainted with Xia Zuo.

"For this reason?" Bardas stared at him, "For this reason, the Molucca took my son's life?"

Gerald laughed.

"Let us not beat around the bush and speak clearly," he said. "Xia Zuo's gift list contains a large number of the purest ginger and spikenard, black and white pepper, ginger and rue, and other things that can only be Called a rare spice, IMHO, he does not have the connections or financial resources to support this generous gift. Even for the Ducasse family, this gift is too heavy a burden. And the final destination of this trip is Morocco Luka, as the son of a Portuguese courtier, how dare he go beyond his king and contact the Spice Islands without permission? If discovered by the king, this will definitely be considered a felony, along with treason." Bardas'

expression Increasingly gloomy, Gerald ignored him and continued: "So, the only possibility is that he received a mission, to put it bluntly, a mission from King Manuel I himself. This mission requires him On behalf of the royal family of Portugal, he went to get closer to the Moluccas with expensive gifts. But unfortunately and unfortunately, he heard some rumors on the way and met me." "

Then what do you think," Bardas "What kind of rumors are they?"

Gerald shrugged: "Rumors about me being a Thousand-Eyed Crow, rumors that I can grow spices, rumors that I am absolutely proficient in spices... nothing more than these. In short, He found me and gained a friendship. But..."

He paused just right, adding a layer or two of regret and pain to his tone just right.

"I'm sorry, I will say that I hurt him." Gerald said regretfully, "As a witness of friendship, I gave him a formula. At that time, I never thought that his destination would be the Moluccas. .This recipe is...private."

"Private." Bardas stared at him.

"Private," Gerald repeated, "that is a secret recipe belonging to the Moluccas. When I was a Scot, this recipe was my privilege, but it is no longer. Xia Zuo must be in Scot. What was exposed in front of the special people, my anonymity, and the secret recipe. I...I'm sorry." It was a

complete lie, but Gerald was born to know how to deceive the world. He knew that Bardas had to believe him because he had no one else to trust regarding his son's death.

Bardas's shoulders dropped slightly, and he slowly exhaled.

"So, when it comes to Molucca, how can you guarantee that you can win the status of the head of the family?" The old man looked at him with sharp eyes, "I always believe that more words are better than more actions, but this matter is of great importance, you You must convince me first."

Gerald was silent for a moment.

"You know, the most important thing in ocean navigation is to determine the position of the ship," he said in a hoarse voice and in a casual tone. "The Arabs called this method Kamal. Orientals used observation in the long past. Astrology, the Roman boatmen, first used the method of measuring the angles of celestial bodies to locate ships." "