22

Xia Zuo felt a burning pain.

He was trapped in the nightmare of purgatory, tied with red-hot chains, and dragged powerlessly by the devil on the blazing rocks.

I'm going to die, chaotic thoughts swirled in his mind. Only my lips and nose were still alive, and I could still breathe out a few weak breaths -

"...water."

He vaguely heard a voice, and immediately, A few drops of refreshing, fragrant rain fell on his lips. The remaining vitality in his body seemed to be aroused by the life-saving water. He hurriedly stretched out his anxious tongue and tried his best to reach the source of salvation.

Water...water! I need water!

"Your method is very effective. He looks like he's about to wake up."

"That's because you have great medical skills and don't need to be humble. Take what's on the plate, you deserve it."

In a few words, Xia Zuo's ears There are no more voices nearby.

This is where? He tried desperately to open his eyes, but all he could feel was darkness and excruciating pain.

where am I?

A pair of hands brushed his lips, moistening his chapped skin.

"Don't open your eyes." The voice sounded again, gentle and gentle, which made people feel like spring breeze. "The exploding sawdust pierced your right eye. I feel sorry for that. But fortunately, you managed to save one." Life."

Xia Zuo was stunned. At this time, memories were stirred in his chaotic mind. Hijacking, fighting, shocking fires and explosions...that's right! When he sailed near the waters of Pavia, his fleet encountered pirates. The pirates somehow got to his main ship and accurately broke into the cabin where spices were stored. Even though he resisted fiercely, the accident still happened, and his last memory was only the color and heat of the flames.

Xia Zuo struggled up, and was immediately pinned down on the bed. He shouted unwillingly and intermittently: "My ship... the ship!" "

Please don't move around at will," the other party still smiled, "This pair has just woken up. It is a very irresponsible behavior for a patient."

Xia Zuo knew that he was unable to resist, so he struggled and said: "Who are you? You saved me, who are you?!"

There was a rustling sound on the ground, It was the sound of chairs scraping against the thick wool blanket, and the visitor was pacing casually. He was probably barefoot, because the sound of his movements was almost inaudible.

Xia Zuo tried his best to fall down on the soft bed. Dizziness and pain hit him together. He gasped for a long time and there was no water to continue to drink his mouth and tongue.

"...I am the son of Bardas, Xia Zuo," he said weakly, "So, who are you?"

"Bardas of Dukas, yes, of course I know, your family's lineage can be traced back To the powerful and ancient Byzantine Empire, you are a noble successor." The other party smiled softly, "However, out of necessary etiquette, I think I cannot use my humble name to tarnish your ears. I can only tell you that I am from the destination of your trip."

"Molucca," Xia Zuo said immediately, "Are you from the Scott family? How to prove it?"

"You can choose to believe it, or not," The other party's tone was indifferent, "It's all up to you. And I just saved your life."

Regardless of whether what he said was true or false, Xia Zuo knew that he must seize this opportunity: "Take me to see Mrs. Zhen... I have a gift for her, an expensive gift!"