39

Seeing his sister again, his biggest enemy in this life, Gerald’s fingers holding the dagger loosened and tightened, but what no one expected was that he maintained the superficial peace and did not become violent as soon as he came up. The stress drove her crazy, and the flashbacks of torture memories drove her to tears.

Because behind Jane Scott, he miraculously saw the shadow of Agape. He was standing by the open window, and the night wind made his robes bulge, as if he were flying.

"...It's been too long," Gerald almost muttered, "You look...very good."

Jane's eyes flickered suspiciously. She was surprised. She didn't believe in the influence she exerted on Gerald. , can only make him have such a weak reaction.

"No, no, no, no!" she said sweetly, "The thing that surprises me the most is that you threw yourself into a trap, brother. After those idiots who misjudged and threw you into the sea, I painfully realized Yes, I lost the most important and precious toy in my life. Now that you are back, this is the most important thing. Although you do still have your claws and caused me some trouble...but those are irrelevant An important little thing, right?"

"You seem to have underestimated my determination for revenge." Gerald turned back to stare at her, slowly took off the linen covering his face, and saw his face and sinister and burning eyes, Several of his guards facing him couldn't help but gasp.

Jane laughed, and she said thoughtfully: "Don't I understand? But what don't I understand? I know you kill people - you always kill people, kill a lot of people. Of course, this time you Those who were killed were our blood relatives, the Scotts of the same race. Do you think I would feel sorry for them? No, on the contrary, I have long disliked them! Cuscuta flowers, incompetent waste, parasites who deserved to die... You clean it up I am very happy to have left them, because I will never forget my father's teachings: Only the strong can survive, and the weak can only live by serving the strong." She sighed melancholy: "It's time,

brother , enough pleasantries have been said, what are you waiting for? Are you waiting for Bardas to come and save you? To be honest, you and him chose the time well, but to capture Molucca, you need more than just This is a small amount of manpower."

"Time," Gerald said, "I am waiting for the time, and now, the time has come."

Jane frowned, and the stingy sunset quickly took back its last afterglow. The night fell low, and the huge giant behind her The crystal skylight was suddenly illuminated by strong light.

Jane Scott hurriedly turned around, and in her widened eyes, she reflected the burning fire spots one after another, and the distant shouts and fire-fighting sounds also floated in the wind - that was where the spice warehouse was, no matter what. It is an exaggeration to say that they are the fundamental lifeblood of the Moluccas. Several generations of Scots have worked here to accumulate such a large-scale fireworks.

Her pupils were quivering and her lips were trembling.

The value of those spice warehouses cannot be measured in secular currency. The storage capacity of one warehouse is as high as millions of Roman gold coins and millions of florins. Their combined weight is enough to make any country revel in gold until it dies.

What is now reduced to ashes in the fire are cardamom, clove grains, pepper, and cinnamon bark, buried in amber, scented with roses, and roasted in the lingering charcoal fire. Those of perfect quality were put into crystal bottles with the mouth of the bottle wrapped with gold thread; those of ordinary quality were stuffed into suede bags and presented to the dining tables of wealthy businessmen and minor nobles. They were carefully sifted and carefully selected, slaves worked day and night in them, and the Scots spent years studying what kind of storage combination can make the cardamom remove the unpleasant medicinal smell and let the clove regain the flower's beauty. fragrance.