24

Revenge.

All the land in the world, all the wealth, power, and happiness in the world are not as important as this one thing.

Revenge, revenge! Ever since he recovered his memory, this thought has been burning with Gerald all the time, making him feel burning and anxious whenever he stood still or sat down. Time slipped through his clenched fingers, and every minute and second while waiting for the layout was an extravagant waste and squandering.

He must take back the Molucca at any cost, even if he pays his life for it. He will wash away the shame with blood and kill all those who participated in his persecution. He will make these people deeply hate their parents, because they sent their children into this world and faced his wrath.

In his furious fantasy, Gerald grasped the unreal weapon and devoted all his strength to chase and kill his enemies in his mind - his brothers and sisters, as well as the supporters who fought for them, and the executioners in the prison. , jailer, interrogator, recorder...

are you still laughing? Are you still arrogant? Can you still talk arrogantly? Ah, I remember you. Are you still proud of yourself holding that boning knife? And you, you like hot things very much, don’t you? Charcoal basin, soldering iron, you like these things, right? Die, die! Come and meet your destruction, all die!

The nightmare was over for the time being, but Gerald was still stuck in his crazy imagination. It wasn't until he turned all the enemies in his mind into bloody stumps and flesh that his boiling rage barely subsided.

He was panting, sweating profusely and staring at the ceiling.

——The silence of the night was itself a silent ridicule, because after a moment of futile venting, only suffocating silence accompanied him.

Gerald couldn't describe the feeling, this mixture of shame, hatred, fear and burning pain. He stared at his bloodshot eyes and grasped the dagger under the pillow with his fingers, clenching it tightly and relaxing it again and again, always waiting to pierce it into someone's chest like lightning, or always waiting to resist being restrained from an unknown place. of iron rope.

"...time," he murmured, "time, just a little time, I need...time...as long as it passes, it will be fine, yes, as long as it passes, it will be fine..."

Just as the wizard recited the incantation , he chewed the word over and over in his lips. Strangely enough, he seemed to have heard this statement from someone. Even though he was deceiving himself, a warm feeling of comfort really rose from his heart.

In this way, Gerald fell asleep and woke up, and finally survived the long night. He stood up at dawn, his eyes red, and threw the list of Moluccas he got from Xia Zuo to the first mate.

"Forge a copy of Chateau Ducasse's private seal," he said. "It's time for his father to know about his son's death."

The first mate didn't say much, bowed and then left. He is Gerald, to be precise, he is an old sailor rescued by Black Crow. He is calm and very loyal.

Molucca, Gerald thought this name silently in his mind. In the past few decades, he regarded it as his responsibility and property, and worked hard to build it and make it prosperous. However, the lilac country in the eyes of the world did not repay his hard work, but instead made him in his own country. The territory suffered serious betrayal and murder.

Wait! He almost broke his teeth, waiting for your real master, and trembled in waiting!

"First of all, he will definitely find Bardas Ducas and inform him of his son's death." Mrs. Jane held a small sandalwood cane and tapped the location of Portugal on the map, "In order to seek Ducas, The Cass family, or the support of Manuel I himself."