——He could only cry, struggle, shed useless tears, and pray for God's mercy in hell, but there was no other way.

On the empty long table, faced with Gerald's almost deserted appearance, Agape sat silently on the chair. He felt no pleasure or anger in his heart. He calmly stared at the plate in front of him, calculating. After a while.

His acquiescence was not a lie. In fact, Agape's complicated feelings for Black Crow should be the closest thing to "love" in these years. He regarded the black crow as his closest friend and a reliable pillar, a kindred spirit who could understand each other. However, the feelings brought about by these identities could easily be confused with love.

An hour passed, and another hour passed. In order, the pre-dinner wine, main meal and soup were all served. When only the last few desserts were left, Gerald's figure finally appeared slowly in the shadows. In the middle, he staggered and staggered.

He seemed to have fallen seriously ill in an instant. His face was as gray as death, but his eyes were bloodshot and bright red. Gerald's clothes were no longer neat, and his black hair was messy. In Agape's eyes, it looked like he had rolled all the way on the ground.

"...Please forgive me," Gerald said hoarsely. He lowered his eyes and almost didn't dare to look at Agape. The domineering and sanctimonious demeanor he had pretended before was completely shattered by the truth at this moment. He couldn't put together a calm mask anymore, "Please forgive my absence, I..."

He braced himself, straightened his back as much as possible, and wanted to open his shoulders more and let the collar be wider. It seemed a little more upright, but even this small attempt made Gerald exhausted and used up all his strength.

Gerald stared at a roasted squab not far away, and stayed blankly on the fruits decorating the dinner plate for a long time, as if he had lost his memory, or even in a daze. His lips opened again and again, and finally, he reluctantly said: "I...I will leave Spain."

This sentence really surprised Agape. He looked at the lost Gerrard, and he didn't know What on earth does this lunatic want to do?

On the front foot, he also announced that he would compete for the ownership of the Molucca, and laughed at his own determination and vision, laughing at himself for loving Gerrard once and the Black Crowes again. Now, he quickly changed his tune and announced that he was leaving Spain... Could it be that Gerald Scott was really delirious?

"I will leave Spain," Gerald continued, "but I think my war with you is not over yet... You can stay here, stay where you like, with the one you really love and who you really love. Your people are together..."

At this point, he seemed to be choked, but he took a deep breath to cover up the illusion: "Just stay in the plantation, stay in the garden, let the flowers bloom. Flowers and lush woods surround you. And I, I want to continue to the sea, I want to pursue my home and hometown, and dispose of it according to my own heart. You and I are still in a competitive relationship, since you hate Mo If the deer is too deep, then you might as well try to completely destroy something, from the body to the soul."

Agape was silent for a while, and after a while, he said: "I will, I will definitely do it."

Jie Ladd smiled weakly, and the shadow of the smile flashed from his pale face, looking extremely weak. He said sadly: "Goodbye...goodbye! At this moment, on this night, I wish you peace and health, a long life, everything in your heart can come true, and fate and life will never trouble you again. Goodbye!"

He stood up, picked up the cup, drank a glass of wine, then lowered his head, curled his shoulders, walked into the darkness without saying a word, and left with a staggering step.

Just like that, the sails of the fleet were once again full in the harbor. The news of Gerald Scott's decision to leave shocked the court, and no one except the bishop knew what happened that night at his dinner with Agape.

Juan Fonseca believed that he and Black Crow were similar people. No external force or setback could completely defeat people like them. When encountering difficulties, they are indomitable and will not give up until they achieve their goals; facing insurmountable natural chasm, they will also make an unswerving determination to build a tower of Babylon for the rest of their lives, until the sky is overwhelmed by it.

The bishop knew only too well that this elusive Scot paid half a million florins just for a dinner with Agape - and for God's sake, this was no empty talk. , not the false sweet talk made by those young people who have nothing to deceive beautiful girls. Even the most absurd king may not be able to have his determination. Probably only the legendary infatuated seed who sacrifices his country for love can achieve this level. But Black Crow is a Scott! Isn't this strange?

The only explanation is that the black crow escaped.

Something happened, some mysterious and irresistible providence, which knocked him to the ground, broke his spine, shattered all the bones in his body, beat him to death, and made him miserable. The black crow will choose to run away when he has no energy left to cry. Like a loser who has abandoned his armor, he no longer dares to look directly into the eyes of the winner - Agape's eyes.

"I think your soul has never changed," the old bishop could only say to Agape. "Pain and suffering cannot dull its foundation. You have never bowed your head to fate, so those things you never got in the past Everything will meet you again at some point in the future."

"Maybe, I mean maybe, the Black Crow is aware of this, so he chooses to avoid you and avoid a head-on confrontation with you." He Say, "This is the victory you deserve, Agape."