When he said this, his expression was calm and composed, and he was not afraid to throw out the reasons he had prepared before: Since the enemy has touched the palace of Seville to harm him, it is definitely necessary for him to have some defense and counterattack We cannot just sit back and wait for death in vain.

However, this is also one of the insurance measures to not implicate the bishop after the incident.

Juan Fonseca stared at him for a long time, waving his gray eyebrows.

"Ha!" The old bishop leaned back and tapped the armrest with his fingers. "They say rabbits will bite when they are anxious. I have seen it today." He pondered for

a while and said slowly: "I don't care about you. What do you want to do, but I believe you know what the Trade Bureau does, young man. Here, all the passing ships are smuggling ships that have not been discovered yet. Whether to catch them or not is just a matter of my thoughts, and The emperor's thoughts. So don't say a fire|gun, even a fire|gun team, I can get it for you. But unfortunately, I will not give that thing to you." "Don't get

me wrong. I don't want to see you staring at me with your big pitiful eyes." Juan Fonseca continued, "You are already a viscount appointed by the king himself, so killing a lot of people is no big deal. For my lover , for robbery, for a breath... I am afraid that thousands of people die on the streets of Seville every year due to duels. But I want to say that young people, fighting with weapons in the streets filled with stinky water, are no different from those in the imperial capital. What is the difference between shooting and killing people in the royal palace where they live as newlyweds... I don’t think I need to clarify it, right?" Agape frowned, and the bishop sighed, then sat up straight and pulled

the He passed a document, looked at it with squinted eyes, and sketched on it with a pen.

"Okay, go back and have a good rest." The old man said, "Seeing that you can't stand or sit still, go ahead and lie down on the bed. I will send you what you want the day after tomorrow.

" Gape didn't stay for a while before he was driven back by the bishop. Two nights later, a sealed wooden box was delivered to his residence by a special person.

He opened it and saw a delicate crossbow lying on the black velvet lining, with a bundle of matching sharp crossbow arrows beside it.

"His Excellency the Bishop's original words were," the attendant meticulously relayed, "'There are only ten arrows in it, be careful and seize the opportunity.'"

Agape was grateful, and he tried his best not to think about the insightful implications in the Bishop's words. Instead, he concentrated on adapting to his new deadly gadget.

This handle | crossbow is undoubtedly the masterpiece of a skilled craftsman. First of all, it is not too big and can be perfectly hidden in the cloak; secondly, its power cannot be underestimated. Within ten steps, its precise filling mechanism can completely Send a sharp arrow that breaks the throat of a grown man.

Agape held it tightly, polishing the lines on it with his fingers, touching a murder weapon with his own hands, a cold and ruthless crossbow. This feeling was different after all. In order to complete this matter as quickly as possible without letting himself hesitate, Agape opened all the letters sent by Gerald in one breath. Looking at the scrawled and messy words, which were almost tearful, he learned the most crucial information.

After it became clear that the housekeeper would not allow him to visit Agape, Gerard had to change his strategy. For several days, his letters mentioned a private location where no one would know or disturb him. , let alone anyone eavesdropping on their conversation, Gerard begged and asked Agape to go there to meet him, so that he could tell everything to Agape without any reservations.

Okay, staring at that place, Agape said in his heart, I will get there and meet you.

The next day, Agape went out alone and left the Palace of Seville. The location Gerald mentioned was originally an official residence he purchased outside the palace. It was late at night, and Agape, wearing a cloak, announced his name to the servant, and at the same time received warm and considerate, even fanatical, hospitality.

The first time he received the news, Gerald rushed out impatiently. I'm afraid no one had ever seen him in such a groveling and submissive manner. His ecstasy and enthusiasm were palpable, and he bent down deeply before Agape, almost weeping over it.

"Welcome, welcome!" He choked and said, "You are my biggest and most distinguished guest. I am lucky that you can come here..."

Agape did not speak, he walked straight forward, as if One more glance at the man in front of him would make his eyeballs burn. Gerald understood what he meant and hurriedly took him to a small private and quiet room.

"Please allow me to close the door..." He was shaking with excitement, and his fingers were trembling even more. As he adjusted the door lock, he explained eagerly, "I don't mean to be detrimental to you. I will never, never do this again, I just... add a little bit of sound insulation insurance, so that those with ulterior motives will not hear what happened between me and you..."

On the contrary, the person he was trying to flatter was as silent as a mountain. When Gerald turned around again, only the steel mechanism gently rubbed, making a crisp echo in the small silent space.

Agape raised his crossbow and pointed it right at the man's heart.

"I have nothing more to say to you." He said softly, "This is all my response."