This," Gerald straightened up with a calm expression. , "It's about the national debt. Even if you just listen casually, what harm will it do?"

Before Charles I could speak again, he said to himself: "We all know that when you were running for the distinguished throne, For the success of the election, half a million florins were given to the seven electors in cash alone, not to mention the annuities and gifts that were to be subsequently paid to them. During the election, you deployed your troops in Frankfurt, this is a big expense...I can say that your throne is very expensive, and your debt will never be less than five hundred thousand florins."

Charles I said loudly: "What! How do you know..."

"Comprehensive information from all parties and leaked intelligence, and quickly make reasonable calculations, this is just a trivial expertise of mine." Gerald said casually, "But now, I think we We all know that the electors do not care who is the best emperor and can lead the world to glory - no, they are just a group of blood-sucking leech, they only care about how much benefit they can get from the votes in their hands. So, They tried their best to encourage the candidates to join this fierce competition in order to profit from it."

Charles I stopped talking, and the other party's evaluation hit the nail on the head. What the Portuguese ambassador said now is what he has been thinking all along.

"Let us tell the truth," Gerald looked at Charles I in deep thought without surprise, attracted by his own words, "your debt is not a small amount, even if it is supported by Princess Isabella's dowry, I'm afraid it can't slow down the vitality of the national treasury. That's why you regard the spice plantation as an important investment. Once completed, the plantation will bring huge profits to Spain - although you just made a mockery of it not long ago Your master gardener, and he happens to have a kind, generous, heart of gold, does not mind your contempt."

Charles I shouted angrily: "What?!"

"And I," Gerald emphasized emphatically He said in a tone of voice, "And I am also particularly optimistic about the Spanish plantations, and I am also...feeling excited about its prospects." Charles I frowned, and

he heard the implication of the other person's words. As a man with outstanding political literacy, The ruler, he immediately put aside his irritation and asked: "That means you want to be a patron?" "

Yes, that's right." Gerald said softly, "Five hundred thousand euros Lorraine, Your Majesty, there is absolutely no falsehood. With just one word from you, half a million florins will be used to fund Agape’s plantation.”

Charles I keenly noticed that when he mentioned Agape’s name , the tone trembled for a moment.

"Five hundred thousand florins!" However, he didn't care about that much anymore. When he read out this huge amount, his voice was trembling, "Five hundred thousand florins, Mr. Ambassador, you are not You're joking!"

"Just a word from you," said Gerald.

——Since Agape is now an honorary national of Spain, as the master of Spain, I only want a promise from you.

Charles I was breathing rapidly, his brain was racing wildly, and the pie in the sky fell too suddenly. For a moment, he had nothing else to say, but he could only squeeze out one sentence with difficulty: "...Ah, you, you want the emperor. In a word! This is not cheap... This is not cheap!"

"Yes, so I will pay half a million florins to the plantation, you know, Scott's wealth is not in question." "

Well, suppose I would Listen to your arrangements - I mean, if, you have to pay special attention to the fact that the king's power in the world is limited after all, and the authority of an emperor cannot reach the clouds in the sky. If the request you make to me is too whimsical..."

" I swear to Your Majesty that I will not make that kind of request." Gerald said, "You don't have to agree to this deal now. You can go back and discuss it slowly with your parliament, your bishops, and ministers. I have plenty of patience and time. "

"Hell!" the emperor said, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "When you said this, you were much more dignified than most kings in the world! Well, according to your words, I will consider your request carefully. Now, Mr. Ambassador, let us go back to our respective residences so as to forget this crazy and irrational day!"

Agape still had no idea what the black crow and the emperor said in the garden. At the same time, He also didn't know the shocking exchange terms the two people had made for him. But two days later, he received a gift from Black Crow.

Portugal's exclusive bluebells and lavender, out-of-print unique books, secret recipes, exquisite toys and jewelry for Lily, expensive silk dresses for the housekeeper...all were delivered to Agape's residence like water.

I don’t know what means he used. These precious gifts were delivered together with the princess’s reward. They were secretive and unobtrusive. Not only did they not get Agape involved in strange scandals, but they also made his status in the palace more and more serious. stable.

After all, Agape was not only appreciated by the bishop and had high hopes by the emperor, but also gained the love of the princess. If he was willing, he could immediately rise to become a political force that the entire court could not underestimate.

...Of course, it was delivered in one piece, and there were also apology letters handwritten by Black Crow, each of which was a thick stack. Agape couldn't read it or accept it. After much deliberation, he had no choice but to put the letter together with the gifts and shelved them, never opening them once.

"Please help me convey my words to him." When the gift was delivered again, Agape stopped the young waiter from Portugal, "You know who I am saying this to, I just want to tell him, These things, these flowers, these books... I really like them very much, but they are not gifts to me, but a burden. Since I have done nothing, who am I qualified to accept these expensive gifts? Please give I leave enough time and space and don't press forward step by step. This is not good for anyone."

The waiter looked panicked. When he returned to return, he relayed Agape's words to his master word for word. . It is really strange to say that his master was moody, cruel and terrible, but after hearing these words, he fell into silence, clenched his trembling arms, and remained silent for a long time.

"...Go down." It took a long time before Gerald uttered these dry words. The waiter did not dare to stay long and ran away in a hurry.

What to do, what to do... what to do next?

The experience at this moment overlapped with the memory of Black Crow in the past. The uneasy panic and the loss of not getting a response came back again at this moment, flooding my heart. He was restless, wandering around the window like a hound abandoned by its owner and homeless since then.

He doesn't want my stuff! Gerald bit his nails anxiously and manically. He doesn’t want my gift, he doesn’t want me!

He was so overwhelmed that he couldn't help but blush. Even though he was full of tricks, he manipulated Bardas to burn the Moluccas, obtain the title of Portugal, and manipulated Manuel I to promote the marriage of two powerful empires... However, as long as he heard it from Agape's lips once Rejection, a distant word, Gerald became confused and lost all ability to calm down in an instant.