He had no appetite, lost the energy to do anything, his brain felt dull and dizzy, and his hands often shook for no reason. More importantly, with the passage of time, Black Crow's memory has completely overlapped with his. He completely remembered the past events with Agape and all his experiences as a "Black Crow".

This also means that the illusion is gone.

Agape's vision disappeared.

Every night that fell, every long day, he was alone. The sound of loneliness was deafening. He could only rummage through the black crow's memories and suck those sweet parts and warm parts hungrily. It seemed that only in this way could he feel alive, and he was not numb or cold. , not one who is withering.

Gerald even had an unrealistic plan - he wanted to find the assassin at that time, and he wanted to take every drop of the psychedelic fragrance from the other party's hands, and then drown himself in it. In this way, will he be able to wander in the wonderful hallucination forever until the last moment of his life?

Later, he gave up this incredible idea, but once he found out that he would have to live like this for many years, he thought of death.

This is really an incredible miracle. Gerald Scott, the last person in the world who is least likely to take the initiative to commit suicide, is ready to end himself at this moment.

Of course, it was not that he had not thought about going to see Agape after his revenge, but the cruel facts lay in front of him: he had been betrayed, tortured, disfigured, and had his legs broken... This kind of experience had completely Destroy him and make him a monster lurking in the shadows. His rage was so intense that he killed so many people that he would not hesitate to burn the Moluccas to do so. So how should he mitigate and repay what he did to Agape in the past?

——He looked down on him, trampled on, and spurned his sincerity, and he did it to Agape in front of everyone...

When he thought of this, Gerald would jump up in horror, it was like a white streak. The hot thunder struck his brain, and the painful electric current coursed through his body, making it unbearable and he could only gasp in fear.

How cunning is fate, and how unpredictable is fate? What he used to discard like worn-out shoes is now something he can't get even if he begs for it. As early as when he was still high-spirited, or in other words, when he was ignorant, he looked down on love, thinking that it was just a short-lived pleasure, a moment of indulgence. Men and women were obsessed with each other's appearance, wealth and power, so they used half of their false feelings to express love. , half-mixed with sweet words, dressing yourself up to be infatuated and dedicated, so as to obtain the ecstasy of limbs entangled. Therefore, he often laughs at those superficial fools and has some fun with their so-called "love".

But now, he has known another kind of love. This kind of love is not frivolous or unpleasant, it is a destructive explosion, more terrifying than death and more crazy than wildfire. It makes people lose their minds and consume all their energy, chasing its light and heat as if there is no future or tomorrow. Ordinary people will be willing to burn themselves when they get a little favor from it. Mortal emperors and saints will be by its side, and they will use the country as a companion, and then abandon their faith to quench the thirst of their souls.

how should I do? What can I do?

Tortured day and night, his soul seemed to split into two. When Gerald gained the upper hand, he was willing to fight for Agape's forgiveness. He was willing to sacrifice everything to burn down the White Tower, those precious flowers and trees, rare manuscripts, fame and reputation in the world for him... He vowed to use these to drown Agape, and he would make the world crawl at Agape's feet;

and when the black crow gained the upper hand, he thought of nothing and did nothing, as long as he could kneel on the ground and gently Squeeze Agape's hand and kiss his fingertips, and he trembles with happiness, his heart swells as if it's going to burst - he could die for it immediately.

He lived every day in such a hazy way, the passage of time had long lost its meaning, and day and night were just changes in light and shadow. An unknown amount of time passed before his first mate, now the commander of the fleet, passed a message to his ears.

The master gardeners of the Palace of Seville cultivated healthy cloves and lush peppers, and Spain had the ambition to replicate the glory of the Moluccan plantations on its own soil.

At this moment, it was as if the vitality of heaven or the savage vitality from hell was forcefully injected into Gerald's heart. His eyes lit up as if on fire, and he suddenly understood the truth, and sucked its name between his trembling lips.

"...Agape."

Yes, only he, only he can do this! It was the "Black Crow" who revealed to him the secrets of the Moluccas, cloves, pepper, cardamom and cinnamon... He is the only person in the world who does not have the surname Scott, but knows more than any other Scott. people. And his quality of concentration, as well as his passion for hobbies - Gerald had seen how he spent all his time tending a dying wild rose, and how he had a sudden idea of ​​using changes in light to create flowers. Change the color of tulips. He built an entire garden for his daughter, letting the golden sunlight shine on the bees, butterflies and dragonflies there. In addition to cooking, gardening is another pillar of his life.

"These flowers and grass have such magic power," Agape raised her head and smiled happily at him. "Watching them break out of the ground, becoming stronger and more lush day by day, it's like I am reborn. It feels like I have lived my life over again!"

Yes, it's him, it must be him... it must be!

Gerald cheered up, he finally found a reason to cheer himself up, and the terrible passion glowed from his heart again. He concealed his eagerness and fanaticism. In order to be able to visit Spain openly and stay there for a long time, Gerard carefully selected his allies. He used his influence to skillfully manipulate the king's will and promoted the plan logically. The marriage of Princess Isabella to Charles I.

In October 1525, the Portuguese royal family approved the princess's marriage. In February 1526, the Pope finally approved the marriage between the King of Spain and the Portuguese princess, announcing that they would be united under the witness of Heavenly Father, bringing glorious blessings to both countries. . As the facilitator of this matter, Gerald took the initiative to ask Ying to serve as one of Portugal's diplomats and escort the princess to Spain.

Manuel agreed. In fact, handing over his beloved daughter to his most trusted favorite made him feel relieved.

In March 1526, Princess Isabella arrived in Seville to receive an audience from the people and ministers. Gerald was riding a black horse and wearing heavy black clothes. It looked more like walking at a funeral than a wedding. in the team.

Because the king would not arrive for another week, the princess temporarily took over the throne of power in the Seville Palace. The busy first three days passed. On the evening of the fourth day, under Gerald's hint, she finally got rid of the maid. He and the palace mistress chose to go to the garden to relax alone. There, she met Spain's famous gardening master. After several years, Gerald, standing in the shadows, finally met again the person deeply entangled with his fate, the person in his heart.

Agape raised his eyes and met his fiery gaze unexpectedly. His face instantly turned white, as if he had seen a ghost that should have passed away long ago.

It seemed like a lifetime passed by in an instant, condensed into the second of looking at each other.

Gerald was speechless, he opened his lips, his voice was weak, and he could only spit out the shortest spell in the world uncontrollably.

"...Agape."