People used any simple tool during navigation, an arm, a thumb, or a stick to make observations. The angle remains unchanged to maintain the course. Hundreds of years ago, Mediterranean navigators invented the Jacob's rod to measure celestial bodies. After that, the cross goniometer appeared, and people were able to obtain the position of the sun. Observation method As he became more proficient, the instruments for observation became more sophisticated, until one end of the hole in the astrolabe could see starlight, and the other end could see sunlight. Finally, the magnetic compass of the Oriental people came into the hands of sea people. From then on, every sailor could distinguish it without the need for experienced sailors. A safe position.

"A long time ago, we used birds, fish, water currents, glaciers, and clouds to predict the weather, and spent our lives to accumulate navigation experience. Gerald said lightly, "Now, we create tools and learn to avoid storms and reefs until the ocean is no longer mysterious." He

looked directly into Bardas's eyes: "The wheel of the times is advancing unstoppably. General, did you hear the rumbling sound?" Whether it is the Moluccas or other ancient empires, the strong will eventually weaken, and the small will eventually become huge. Nothing in the world can survive forever under this power. "

Mrs. Jane's rebellion failed to kill me, the sea and torture failed to get rid of me, and the killer's attacks failed to do anything to me." Gerald Scott was dead, and Jane Scott was not far behind. If the change of ownership of the Molucca is imminent, then why can't I be the one to control its outcome? "

Bardas looked at him and said slowly: "You are really a very arrogant and rude egomaniac, Mr. Black Crow. "

After he said this, he paused for a moment and then said: "But, I am willing to give your arrogance a chance.

"I can provide a fleet of twenty-five sailing ships, equipped with crews, as well as food, artillery and other necessary personnel for a year's sailing. " Tell me, how much are you willing to pay to get this grant? Gerald

laughed hoarsely. He turned his head, looked at the old general, and suddenly said: "You don't seem to be sad for your son at all, Bardas of Ducas."

" Sad? " "Bardas frowned, "I don't need to prove anything to you, but if I don't value this revenge, I won't leave my country's affairs and come here to see you; if I don't value this revenge, I won't issue a Such a huge stake in response to your ridiculous ambitions. Now answer my question, how much are you willing to pay? "

In the first three years of the spice trade, you and your family will be responsible for the entire Portuguese business market. You will have the right to choose first. As long as you don't nod your head, any ship sailing to Portugal will not have a single star from Morocco." Deer adds cloves, cardamom and cinnamon bark. "Three years later, you are still my most important partner," Gerard said. "The Moluccas will never forget the great friendship from Dukas." That's my answer. "

Bardas said: "Three years is too short, I want six years. Gerald

laughed: "Wouldn't those six years be too greedy, General?" Don’t get me wrong, I am not judging your greed from my own standpoint, but from the standpoint of Manuel I, your monarch. Three years is okay to say, but if it really is six years, money can make the most devout saint fall. Seeing the profits of the Ducas family, I really don't know what your king will do.

Bardas was unmoved: "Five years. " "

Four years, General," Gerald sighed, "How about we each take a step back?" "

Bardas stared at him coldly and said in a deep voice: "Then, you'd better complete your revenge, along with my son's share. "

The general left, the door closed, and the smile on Gerald's face gradually disappeared. The strength was rapidly draining from him, and he stood expressionless, no longer thinking about how to mediate with the power with all his efforts. He was bargaining.