CHAPTER 42

Yeonjin closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. She can't seem to control her displeasure as she lets her scent seep through, letting the people in front of her know that she's angry. Her pheromones set a strong barrier, and even if these people should be the ones who have leverage, the CEO easily turned the position when she stepped foot outside the building.

The paparazzi and the fans are crowding again, both supportive and hateful.

"What do you want me to say?" Yeonjin spoke, and the paparazzi looked at each other, then all of them started to bombard her with questions.

It's all the same. Her and Jeno.

"Have you all read our statements or not?" Yeonjin asks. "Because if you did, it's useless coming here for a scoop. Read it again. All of the answers are there."

Yeonjin doesn't care if she sounded rude, or she will receive countless hates about her attitude. It's early afternoon, the sun is at its peak, the air is hot, and these people are crowding her building. It's not her first time hearing about her attitude anyway.

They even have to close the showroom for awhile because some hateful fans might trash the place just because they're against her dating Jeno.

"Can you answer this, CEO Jung? Are you and Lee Jeno mates?"

Yeonjin's brow raised. She looked at the person with a sharp gaze. "Yes."

Loud gasps and overlapping murmurs immediately erupted with her answer.

"Is that true?"

"Lee Jeno is really your mate?"

"When did he mark you?"

"Can we see?"

Can we see? Yeonjin scoffed. They even want to see a private mark? These people are crazier!

Jeno hasn't marked her yet, so they aren't official mates. Still, it's not respectable, and they went over the line!

Yeonjin crossed her arms. Her face displayed the anger that's continuously bubbling inside her. She thought of turning back and leaving them crowding and loud under the sun.

She was about to when multiple honks invaded the scene. The people scattered, letting the car pass.

"It's Chairman Jung!"

"Wait, it's Lee Jeno!"

Yeonjin facepalmed. What is this about now?

"Why are you facing them alone? They are all nutheads. They don't know what privacy means," the chairman says, loud enough for them to hear.

"Dad, why are you here?" Yeonjin whispered. "Why is Jeno with you?"

"He was in my office. We just came here because we heard what was happening." Sunkyu answered and pointed at the younger dominant alpha. "He knows what to do."