CHAPTER 37

That same afternoon, Yeonjin tried her best to stay focused on work. It's the last workday of the week, so it's not very busy, but she is still putting her guard up because the last time the day seemed smooth, trouble happened to break the cycle.

Anyway, she was just in her office when her door opened, revealing two figures with disappointed faces. Yeonjin looked back at them confusedly, and when the staring session was enough, the two newcomers wailed.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Minjeong exclaimed.

"You traitor! You could've been harmed!" Yizhuo's voice boomed louder.

"Woah, woah, chill." Yeonjin stood up from her seat and walked towards the two.

"Chill!? How can we chill? I know that Jeon Nami has something up her sleeve!" Minjeong yelled.

"She's a witch! No, a bitch!" Yizhuo added.

"Okay, you two. Sit down, and I'll tell Eunyoung to get food."

The CEO's office became a hangout place again. Since the food wasn't enough for them, Yeonjin ended up ordering what the two wanted.

It's break time, so nobody entered the office, and the three ate well. Of course, with a corresponding talk.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Minjeong asked again.

"I still don't have the courage to tell you guys."

"Didn't have a courage? When I told Park Jisung, he said he already knew!"

Yeonjin chuckled. "Fine, fine, I'm sorry. Now can you tell me how you ended up knowing?"

"Your brother told me," Yizhuo said. "It's a slip of the tongue, he said, and then I told the twins too."

"Jung Jaehyun?" Yeonjin scoffed. "He's dead to me."

"You don't do that!" Yizhuo shrieked. "If he hadn't told me, when would we know? Tell me, did that Nambitch do anything to you?"

"Yes, tell us! Did she pull your hair? Scratch your face?" Minjeong added.

"She did pull my hair."

"WHAT!" Yizhuo stood up.

"THAT BITCH!" Minjeong followed through.

"I put her in her place. So, can you two not break the soundproofed walls and sit down? People outside might misunderstand that we're fighting."

Minjeong and Yizhuo pouted and plopped back on the sofa, then both grabbed food of their choice. Yeonjin only watched them, an amused smile on her lips by the way her friends' faces still loomed with anger and disappointment.

Of course, they're my friends. How could I doubt that they're on my side? They're my platonic soulmates.

"You two are really mad at me, huh?"

"I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. I should be on your side when you have a problem like this. Battling with the public is risky. They believe what they want to." Minjeong said.