CHAPTER 2

"She already left?" Director Yu stressed, his shoulders dropping lower than they already had.

"Don't expect me to accept anything from Kitsch from now on, was she actually said awhile ago."

"YAAAA!" Director Yu shouted in clear displeasure, surprising not just the staff but also the dominant alpha, who is still sitting comfortably on the make-up chair.

"Jeno-ya," he started. "What should we do now?"

"Ohoi," the dominant alpha raised his palm to shut the director and twisted the chair so he could face him. "Isn't that your problem?"

"You're the one who brought it upon this, you!" Director Yu exasperatedly sighed. "There's only one way."

"Hmm, what could that be?" Jeno trailed

"Apologize to her."

"That's rather obvious."

"Jeno-ya.."

"LEE JENO!" the stern voice and the stomping steps of his manager gained everyone's attention—Jeno's eyes flickering to him. "Apologize this instant," he said.

"I know"

"Now"

"Hyung"

His manager shut him out while showing the spam of missed calls and unread texts. "You said you're just around the corner and convinced me that you don't need me to drive you here. Now, tell me your excuse."

"But I'm telling the truth. I was just in"

"Your fuckbuddy's unit?"

Jeno clamped his lips in a tight line. He glanced at the number of people still around him; their eyes could not seem to directly look at him.

He hummed in thought and cleared his throat, meeting eyes with his manager once again.

He flashed a small smile. "Taeyong-hyung, why don't we"

"I'm calling Miss Jung's secretary and will ask her to pass the phone to Miss Jung. Right then, I want you to sincerely apologize." Taeyong cuts him off while tapping on his phone.

Director Yu raised his hand and asked, "Umm, Manager Lee, can we take the chance and persuade Miss Jung to fix another schedule for the shoot?"

Taeyong momentarily paused to think, then timidly nodded, "Okay."

"Hyung! Can I have a script at least?" Jeno exclaimed.

"You're twenty-seven, turning twenty-eight this year. You have the guts to be late and appear like you have just gotten out of a wild jungle, and you want a script to apologize for your own fault?" Taeyong looked down on him with a piercing glare. "Suck it up, Lee Jeno, or you will talk to CEO Qian instead."

Usually, Jeno wouldn't get quiet for a banter, and it usually ended up with his manager walking away. In this case, though, he was actually so speechless that his photoshoot partner really left by herself.