CHAPTER 28

Neither of them know how to open the topic. Those days of them just clinging on to each other made them realize a lot of things. They haven't talked about it specifically, but whenever they mess with the sheets and play with each other's bodies, it's like they already knew what the other wanted. What they wanted.

Jeno filled his thoughts about it while he's relaxing in the bathtub. He thought about many things—his lack of childhood freedom, his career, even his crazy club nights and flings, and of course, Yeonjin.

Jeno didn't know what the future holds for them, but he's just riding on it. He said he was testing the waters, but he also knew that it wasn't enough. Or is it? The way their bodies gravitate toward each other, the way they call out to each other in cycles, the way only they can satisfy each other, and the way his inner alpha longs for the dominant omega. Is it enough reason to be mates?

Jeno was so lost in his thoughts that he momentarily forgot the dominant omega, who's also in the bathtub with him. Well, she's also silent and seems lost in her thoughts.

When he glanced at her, she's just playing with the red wine on the glass she's holding. Jeno is not sure how long she has been staring at it.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeno ripped the silence

Yeonjin immediately looked back at him and shrugged. "Just anything."

"You can tell me anything."

"It's none of your business, Jeno."

"I'd still like to know about that business," he insists. "So, penny for your thoughts?"

"One million."

Jeno snorted. "I'll double it.". He played along.

Yeonjin chuckled. "This recent collection is successful. Way too successful, if I may add. I'm worried about the next one. Can we have the same record? Can we even surpass it? Will people love it too?"

"You think too much."

"Yeah"

"And you worry too much."

"Of course, it's business."

"They will love all your works, trust me."

"You think so?"

Jeno hummed in agreement. "Even before the new denim collection, I already knew many people who loved Jung Atelier. You've already done it since before, Yeonjin. You just did better today, and it's good news. It shows improvement."

"I love that thought," she chuckled. "Sometimes, I thought you did the most work."

"Me? I didn't even participate in the tailoring. Is it because of my influence?"

Yeonjin nodded. "I don't like to think that I just used you to make the collection gain better records. I'm most grateful for your help, yes, but I can't stop thinking, what if people are just buying because you promoted it? Because they just want to have the same clothes as yours? Did they sincerely love the clothes alone, or is it because of their idol?"

"Not all of them are my fans, Yeonjin. Also, didn't we sign the contract so we could use each other for business?"