CHAPTER 39

Jeno was just sitting bored on the sofa, watching a TV show. Yeonjin has gone to work, and he wasn't allowed to stay in her office as the CEO has a bunch of meetings to attend.

Jeno has craved this kind of rest ever since he had piles of projects to do. He missed the dominant omega, of course, and basking alone with the omega's scent filling the house isn't helping. He sure had a talent for lazing around, but he also wanted to cling to the omega.

Hours passed and it was close to lunch. Jeno had an amazing idea to invite the omega to eat out. He searched for diners close to the company, but his phone suddenly displayed a call.

It was from his mom, and Jeno panicked a bit. It is the first contact he received from his parents after long months, and he can't help but overthink what could be the reason.

"Hello, Mom?" he answered, a little bit shaky.

[Lee Jeno! Guest where we are.] His mom asks with a giggle.

"Uhh, States?"

[Wrong! Stupid boy, how could I call you from this number if we're abroad?]

Jeno's eyes widened as he ripped the phone out of his ear immediately and checked the caller ID again.

"Mom, you're here!?"

[Surprise! Where are you? Let's eat! ]

"You're not joking?"

[Do you think it's a prank? Aren't we old enough to do that?]

"But.."

Jeno still couldn't believe it! He thought his parents were still having fun on the other side of the world, and now they're back without a warning?

Do they have a specific reason for coming back? Jeno thought about it for awhile, raising his silence over the phone.

[I know you're overly confused about what's happening, but shouldn't we be the ones who deserve an explanation? Lee Jeno, when will you tell us that you found your mate?]

"What!?" the buffering icon on Jeno's head went bigger now.

[Don't play stupid, boy. Your brother already told us!]

"That idiot." Jeno cursed under his breath and thought of something to say, but his mother beat him to it.

[We heard she's a CEO of a well-known company. Jung Yeonjin, is it? Your dad told me that she's perfect! We want to meet her. Can we? Should we schedule an appointment?]

"Mom! Wait, can you?" Jeno sighed, calming himself. "She's busy."

[We know, that's why we're asking if it would be easier to set an appointment with her, or we'll ask you to invite her for lunch.]

"Today?"

[Was it the wrong time?]

"Mom, I didn't even know that you're coming back, and you just practically showed like a mushroom, and you ask me if today's the wrong time?"

[Oh, you're so loud. You really take from me. Anyway, can you ask her? Please, please, I'll be very good.]

"Good god, mom, stop making baby noises; you're close to being a senior citizen."

HOW TO SATISFY A DOMINANT [α UNIVERSE]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें