CHAPTER 7

Yeonjin hurriedly stepped inside the restaurant, flashing a small smile to the guard who greeted her by the door. She began walking around, looking for any signs of her younger brother.

After a few more steps, she caught a hand waving in her peripheral vision, snapping a look to finally see the man.

"Oh, no need to run," Sungchan chuckles as the omega finally reaches the table.

"It's rare for you to call anyone out," Yeonjin says. "So, what's the rush?"

"Ahh, I have a project on that building in front," he said, pointing to the huge building across the street. "It has your picture on it."

Curious, Yeonjin craned her neck in the direction, seeing a bright sign reading NEO ENTERTAINMENT. A familiar face on the big LED display beside it made her pay more attention, her lips parted in surprise.

It's a short film of her and Lee Jeno.

"Amazing, isn't it? You're celebrity famous now," Sungchan says with a bright, pleasing tone.

"So? Did you call me for this?"

"What? It's better to see it in person. Look, you look good in that," he pointed, urging her to watch as the screen displays her solo shots.

"Thanks, but you can just text me about it," Yeonjin says while munching at the chips that's already on the table.

"Seriously, though, I called you here to catch up."

"Hmm really?"

"Well, hyung convinced me first, but considering what you've been into recently, I think a hangout is necessary."

"Jaehyun got you into this?" Yeonjin asks with a visible grit on her teeth.

Sungchan raised his hands in surrender. "This is not the right time for a sib fight. Also, noona, you're the one who's not reading the group chat. Hyung is in Australia right now."

"He is?" Yeonjin's jaw dropped, and she quickly checked her phone.

Sungchan only sipped on his coffee, watching her get busy reading tons of messages.

Yeonjin scoffs as she reads the text Jaehyun sent for hours now.

Jaehyun    I'll be in Australia for 3 days.

Jaehyun     If you need anything, tell Sungchan.

Jaehyun     I told Park Jisung to look after you in the meantime, too. Let's talk when I get back.

"I mean, am I in strict care right now? Why is he entrusting me to you and Jisung?"

Sungchan shrugged. "I don't know; he sounded strict."

"But I didn't do anything?"

"I really don't know, noona, but if you need anything, I'm open."

"I'm good, thanks," Yeonjin mumbled, then stood up. "I'll just order a drink. Do you want anything?"