CHAPTER 17

Yeonjin embraced the less-work day. She gladly took her rest inside her office, having the time to get her own coffee and even take snacks at the snack bar designated for the specific building floor.

It was Eunyoung's leave too, as the secretary filed one in advance. It's lucky that the tasks aren't that heavy or short on deadlines, so Yeonjin can work on them on her own.

Anyway, the morning just passed like that. Now, she has uninvited guests again—not just one, but two.

"I'm surprised that you somehow visited at the same time," Yeonjin commented as she looked at the two figures stepping into the office. "Suspicious too."

"It's not like we planned this or something," Yizhuo defended and sat comfortably on the couch. "And I just bumped into him on the elevator. I'm surprised too."

"You sound like you're disgusted to see me," Jaehyun playfully commented while also owning the other couch.

"Are you really in a lover's quarrel?"

"EW!" both of them exclaimed, making Yeonjin chuckle.

"Oh, sorry, you rejected each other," she teased while walking towards them.

Jaehyun grinned. "Right? I came by at the wrong time."

"Why are we even reminiscing about the bad past? Come on, people, move on!" Yizhuo scoffed.

Yeonjin can only shake her head and sit on the sofa. "So, what's your plan for today?"

"I just came back from China," Jaehyun said.

Yeonjin's brow raised. "Oh, you were away?"

"Since last night. Anyway, I'm just here to tell you that we will have a possible collaboration for this pop-up event in a fashion school. It's only a proposal, but I already agreed. They'll contact you about it anytime." Jaehyun informed

"Okay, I'll go over the details once I'll receive the proposal." She then looked at the younger omega. "And you?"

"I'm bored!" Yizhuo answered like it's already the usual. "Your office is like a safe haven. You have good foods too. I just like it here."

"Why don't you work here instead?" Jaehyun asks.

"I'm not like Yeonjin, who can be a CEO and a model at the same time. I love my job. I just get bored, and this place is the first one that I want to go to."

"That's because you don't have a boyfriend yet."

"Your point?"

"Well, young lady, if you have one, you should be bothering him right now rather than lazing in this pastel-colored office."

"He called your aesthetic office a pastel-colored office! Blasphemy!" Yizhuo exclaimed. "And the boyfriend analogy is even pointless."

"This is why both of you shouldn't be in the same place." Yeonjin sighs. "If you don't have any bitter feelings toward each other anymore, then let's be in peace, hm? This is a relaxing day for me."

"Sure," Jaehyun grinned. "Though I missed teasing your friend this much."

"Talk to the hand!" Yizhuo raised her palm to the dominant alpha and clicked her tongue. "Let's talk about you and Jeno Lee."