CHAPTER 30

Yeonjin doubts that she can let her mind rest after that talk with Jisung. She was also aware of the change in his mood, but she chose to ignore it and ended up telling everything. When the male said that he'd be one call away, Yeonjin was sure that she had completely broken his heart that night. Still, she hopes that their friendship won't falter. She'll understand if he'll require a break from seeing her, though.

Anyway, her continuous talking to herself is not enough, nor is talking with one friend. Yeonjin is still having a hard time adjusting to the truth, and even if she tries to deny it, she has already risked too much for her to back down.

She doesn't want to reach out to her other friends yet, so here she is, in Jaehyun's office, disturbing his work.

"I'm back." The male renounced his presence after attending a meeting.

"What did you talk about?"

Jaehyun raised a brow. "Why should I tell you?"

"Because I'm your sister?"

"And technically, you're a business rival."

Yeonjin chuckled and nodded. "Fine. It's not like I would share my own. Do you still have schedules?"

"I'm booked after lunch. Right now? No." Jaehyun sat on the sofa opposite her. "So, what honor do I have for the Jung Atelier CEO to personally come into my office?"

Yeonjin rolled her eyes. "Drop the honorifics. I need a brother."

"You should've gone to Sungchan. He's available for the whole day."

"He's still a kid."

"He's twenty-six."

"Still a kid."

Jaehyun huffed. "Fine. What can I help?"

"Are you ready for a wonderful story time?" Yeonjin grinned.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine."

"So, I have a fuck buddy."

He snorted. "At this age?"

"His name is Lee Jeno."

His brows knit. "As in Neo Entertainment, Lee Jeno?"

"As in the model of my collection, Lee Jeno," Yeonjin nodded. "I don't know if it's just because of our heated interaction, but I started to feel my omega reaching out to him. We met a lot, argued a lot, and did a lot," she sighed. "I know the nature of developing mates and in-born mates, but one thing I know is that he is my potential mate."

"Wait," Jaehyun interjected. "When you said you did a lot, does it include sex?"

"Uhmm yeah?"

"Did you help each other in cycles?"

"He did it first, then when my heat subsided, that's when he offered the fuck buddy thing."

"Why did you agree?"

"I want to test it out. Our connection," Yeonjin explained. "My omega crawling to him alone troubles me a lot. I want to know the reason why I feel comfortable with him suddenly. Like, I hate him at first, then suddenly, it felt nice to have him near? Was it a product of meeting many times, or do we really have a deeper connection? So, I agreed."