CHAPTER 5

The short trailer for the Kitsch summer collection was expectedly loved by many. The public ogled at the unexpected pairing as both famous faces graced the billboards, ad screens, and bus stops.

Many had their breaths hitched when both parties released an official statement about the rumors between them. Some were sad as they both look good together and may pass as a power couple, while others celebrated because they're not compatible as they quote.

Following the successful promotion are the said two people, aware of their increasing fame ever since they have been the talk of the town. Both accepted the crowd equally, but rather than doing it together, they haven't been keeping in touch since the shooting ended. Or, let's just say, one of them strictly cut ties with the other.

"Do you need me to pick you up after, Miss Jung?" Eunyoung asks as she parks the car outside the café.

"No need, I'm sure one of the twins will offer a ride. Take your off, Secretary Hwang," Yeonjin answered and hopped out of the car.

Eunyoung also walked out to lead the CEO to the café, then politely bowed before going back to the car.

Yeonjin cherished the sweet aroma bubbling inside the place as she roamed her eyes to look for her friends. When she did, a smile curled on her lips almost immediately, and she walked close to them—the twins also spot her when she's near.

"You're here. It's still early," Minjeong greets as she scoots to give the newcomer a space on the sofa-like chair.

"I don't have much work to finish. I figured I'd take my day off like a regular worker."

"Such a workaholic. Cut yourself some slack," Jisung says with a light chuckle, then slides a plate of doughnuts in front of her. "I left you some," he bragged.

"Wow, thank you," Yeonjin answered with a mocking tone, making the male dominant alpha click his tongue.

"Ah, anyway, have they stopped asking you about your relationship with Lee Jeno?" Minjeong warily asked.

"Maybe," Yeonjin shrugs, "I didn't get any threats recently."

"Crazy fans," Jisung tuts. "I have some students who're die-hard fans of that man. Luckily, I haven't heard them talking bad about you."

"As if you'll do anything to them," Minjeong said with a teasing tone.

"Well, I can warn them. You know me, I can't stand still if anything happens to you." He looked at Yeonjin, immediately meeting eyes. He looked away. "Both of you," he continues.

Minjeong sighs. "Change topic! I kind of want to eat blueberry cheesecake. Who's with me?" she suggests.

Yeonjin raised her hand. "I'll have caramel iced coffee, too."

"Okay! Go." Minjeong shooed her twin away.

Jisung pointed at himself and asked, "Why me?"

"Why us?" Minjeong retorted.

He scoffed in disbelief and unwantedly stood, "Two slices of blueberry cheesecake and one caramel iced coffee." He repeated the orders.

"Oh, and you can add garlic bread. It's ten stars for me," Minjeong added, and Jisung only made faces.

Yeonjin chuckled at the twins' cute little fight, then handed her credit card. "Use this, Ji. Get yours, too. My treat."