CHAPTER 35

When Jeno heard the dominant omega coming, he didn't know what to do. His mind went blank for a few minutes, then his vision cleared on his surroundings. He stood up and roamed his eyes around every corner, then began organizing stuff and cleaning the floor. He didn't know how long it would take for her to arrive, but Jeno fixed his unit in double time.

He changed into more appropriate clothes, then started thinking about what food or drink to offer. In the middle of searching for food in the fridge, his doorbell started to ring. Jeno was confused as to why the dominant omega did that, as she already knew his passcode, but he quickly ran to the door anyway.

After confirming that it was her, Jeno unlocked the door. Then, the moment it opened, a body immediately launched onto him, then captured his lips in an urgent manner.

Jeno was stunned, but he managed to close the door and push her against it, finally kissing her back.

It continued longer than it was supposed to, yet none of them complained. The kiss got messy when tongues were involved, and the need for air wasn't much of a problem as they knew when to pull back and continue.

When Yeonjin finally snapped back to reality and remembered what she came for, she was the one who stopped and leaned her head on his shoulder.

Jeno rested his arms loosely around her waists, as he just let her take her time, even though there were so many questions on his head.

"I should've told you sooner," she said.

"What?" Jeno hummed.

"I've been lying and holding myself for a long time. I thought I could control it for as long as I could, and sometimes I think that it's just infatuation and will vanish through time."

"Can you elaborate further?" Jeno asks, yet his heart is already beating fast. The questions in his mind doubled, and he needed an answer.

He wanted to know what's on her mind and the reason why she's doing this. If she's serious about cutting the deal, why did she suddenly kiss him? Jeno couldn't accept it either, but he knew that the deal had a limited time.

She said she'd make another deal too, so what will it be?

"First, I want to assure you that there's nothing between me and Jaemin. Whatever is in our statements is the only thing that's connecting us."

"I know. I believe you."

"Okay, good," she sighed. "Second, I came here to make a deal."

Yeonjin pulled away and looked at him. It's obvious that the dominant alpha is curious and eager to know. It is all written on his face.

Yeonjin took a deep breath and held his hands; the unexpected contact confused the male even more.

"Let's stop addressing ourselves as fuck buddies. Let's start over, Jeno-ah." Yeonjin flashed a warm smile. "I like you too, Lee Jeno. I don't want to lie to myself anymore."

"You mean that?"

She nodded. "Calling you a fuck buddy is just a term I use to push away my feelings for you. I was too focused on hating you when my inner omega is slowly getting comfortable with your presence. I thought about it long and carefully, and I know that you're also thinking about what we could be. What we really could be."

"I think I know what you mean."

Yeonjin smiled and lightly squeezed his hands. "It took a lot of courage for me to admit it all and confess today. I came unprepared, but prepared at the same time. I don't know how to properly say all of these in order, but"

"Yeonjin, you're rambling. I understand you."

Yeonjin stopped talking and looked at him instead. Jeno chuckled and pulled her into a hug, then kissed the crown of her head.

"My heart is beating so fast right now, and I don't know if it's loud enough for you to hear," he laughed. "I just want to say thank you for telling me."

Her brows knitted. "Thank you? You'll just thank me after I say all of these?"

Jeno hugged her tighter to stop her from pulling away. "I'm proud of your courage, and I am extremely happy. Thank you for liking me, and thank you for considering our relationship."

"Are we potential mates?"

Jeno chuckled and nodded. "Yes, we are."

"Then," Yeonjin pulled away to look at him in the eye. "You'll agree with the new deal?"

"Let me hear your proposal, CEO Jung."

"Let's start over, shall we?"

A big smile crept on Jeno's lips as he leaned his face closer to hers. "Deal," he whispered, their lips brushing. "Can I take advantage of this time?"

"What do you want?"

"Stay for the night."

Yeonjin pecked at his lips and nodded. "Okay."

The dominant alpha was quick to reply with a kiss, carrying her to the bedroom, where they filled the four-cornered space with loud moans and dirty talks. 

Finally? Finally

Finally? Finally.