Monster | {SaneRen}

Theme: ANGSTT ALLLL ANGST TY TO @itzblossomsbitch (go follow her she's amazing)✨

Note: Live, laugh, love rareships<33 

I love these two

Cw: deaths- 

ew fighting scenes (i hate writing them so much)

×××

Sanemi's breath felt constricted, pain shooting through every bone in his body. He curled up onto a ball, gritting his teeth and squeezing his eyes shut. His hands were closed into fists, his nails digging into his skin. Upon his mission, he had encountered Muzan but, of course, Muzan had quickly gained the upperhand. Sanemi had only lasted so long before somehow, at some time, Muzan had seemingly disappeared leaving Sanemi in this contorting, painful position, without a clue as to what had happened.

It felt like days until the pain stopped, but had probably only been hours, minutes, even. Sanemi's body went limp and he blinked wearily up at the sky, trees dotting his peripheral vision. He was in a forest, it was dark. That would change soon as dawn arose.

And then it hit him, like a flash. An urge. To what? He needed something, couldn't think of what. What was he even doing here? What had happened? He sat up wearily. Blood rushed to his head but he ignored it, grabbing his katana that lay on the ground next to him. The blade was coated with his and Muzan's blood. A pang of hunger struck Sanemi, like a pole through his stomach.

He flinched, dropping his katana and scooting away. The smell of the blood was intoxicating, stronger than he'd ever smelled before. It was unnerving, the urge to grab the blade and consume his own blood. He clamped his hand to his mouth, willing himself not to take the blade, run his tongue over it.

He blinked rapidly, digging his teeth into his tongue, shaking his head as if it would stop the truth from coming to him. But he couldn't stop it, couldn't deny a fact. Sanemi had turned into a demon, he knew he had. He had turned into a monster.

×××

Kyojuro was rushing, following his crow's instruction north, he moved quickly. Something had happened to Sanemi and he was sent there immediately. He wondered what had happened. Had Sanemi been careless, gotten himself terribly injured? There wasn't a message of his death, at least, which was a comfort.

The crow guided him through a forest and Kyojuro weaved through the trees towards where he spotted a clearing—quite obviously made by battle. Sensing a demon nearby, he kept his senses on full alert, watching. He saw Sanemi at the edge of the clearing, hunched over and backed against a tree. Something was off.

"Shinazugawa!!" Kyojuro shouted, sprinting into the clearing.

Sanemi looked up. And it felt like the whole world had crashed upon Kyojuro's shoulders.

Demonic symbols stretched across Sanemi's face, his pupils looked unlike his own; cat-like. Demon-like. He had his teeth sunk into his own lip with two teeth potruding further. Fangs. His arms were wrapped around his knees that were drawn up to his chest and he looked constricted, as if in two minds at once.

For a moment, Kyojuro did not know what to do. He couldn't think, could only stand there helplessly, his hands clutching limply at his katana. 

And then Sanemi spoke, his voice hoarse and pained. "Just... just kill me already, Rengoku," he whispered.

Kyojuro flinched at the words, shaking his head rapidly. "No, no, I..." How could he explain it? He simply couldn't bring himself to be the cause of Sanemi's death. Even if he was a demon. "Have you even eaten anyone..?"