I d̶o̶n̶'̶t want to | {ShinoGiyuu}

Theme: Fluffy angst?

Note: Prompt—"I can't fall in love with you. I don't want all the pain that comes with it."
I love angst prompts- This one fit Giyuu well sooo

Manga spoilers kinda 🤩

and i think yk what that means~

Tags: @Blubbo_forever

Giyuu was in love. For the first time in so many years. And he couldn't seem to get himself out of this stupid thing. Whenever he saw her, his eyes would light up and butterflies lit up his chest, beating his heart faster than it should be. He tried suppressing it, tried everything.

He tried writing out everything annoying about her, everything he hated, but he kept drawing blank after writing the first word, not knowing anything about her that was negative or bad. 

He tried ignoring her but he found himself constantly wandering back to her, gazing at butterflies because they reminded him of her.

He tried convincing himself that love was a waste of time, it wouldn't help. He made himself think about everything that could go wrong but his mind wandered back to the fact that he loved her—he loved her too much to care.

It was hard.

He wanted her. Too much. 

But he couldn't have her. He didn't want... to endanger her. He didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

So all he could do was try—try—to not gain her love back. He wanted it so badly but he couldn't bring himself to do it. If he couldn't fall out of love, might as well make sure she didn't love him.

So he ignored her. Acted cold, uncaring. Even went out of his way to talk to every other Hashira except her. Even Sanemi. 

But... she kept coming back. She was persistent. 

Her smile was curious and asking, wondering why he wouldn't talk to her. She would ask him questions, pester her day after day, not caring that he wouldn't talk back to her. Because he never told her to leave. Even if he acted like this, he'd never once told her to leave. 

He didn't want to. He couldn't make himself shout at her, or say anything mean. So he stayed quiet.

And yet she persisted. She didn't stop. Never did.

He loved that about her. He wished he didn't.

And one day... one day, she told him something. Something that made him freeze up, his mind drawing blank, scared. No, not scared. But his heart raced and his face flushed and he turned to look at her, actually, physically acknowledge her. 

"What?" 

She smiled. "I like you." She said it so simply but to his ears it was a melody, a song. She spoke like an angel, her smile and her eyes and her... everything. It was angelic.

He didn't know what to say. He stared at her for a long time, trying to think of something. 

But then she turned, humming to herself, and skipped off. She didn't seem disappointed by his lack of response. 

Perhaps his appearence had been obvious that he repricated her feelings.

And he was left there, by himself, staring in wonder at the girl he loved so dearly. The one who had just told him that she loved him.

He found himself falling deeper in love.

When she spoke to him, he would give her a slight smile or a nod. Would respond to her questions with a short assent or a shake of the head. He wanted her to be happy. He didn't want her to think he liked her, though she probably guessed. So he didn't speak. He only... acknowledged her.