Light up the world | {GenTan}

Theme: Fluff

Note: I don't ship it but I prolly will after writing this...

Tags: @eastpainter123

×××

"Genya, why are you always frowning?" Tanjiro asked, his lips curving downwards in disappointment. "I like your smiling face."

"What, do I look shitty when I don't smile?" Genya asked, quirking an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

"Not at all!" Tanjiro insisted, shaking his head quickly. "It's just sad to see you always looking angry."

"Can't help that Inosuke is so provoking," he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Tanjiro laughed. "He's only chaotic, you just let it get into your head. He doesn't mean anything he said."

"No, he does mean it. He's so arrogant," Genya said, crossing his arms. "I don't get why you want me to get along with him, there's no way in hell I would."

"You wouldn't be so angry then!" Tanjiro said. "Because he wouldn't make you angry."

"Nah, you just have high patience levels or something. Besides, he's the one who doesn't want to get along," he said, frowning.

Tanjiro stepped forward and tilted his head up, placing a quick kiss on Genya's lips. 

"What was that for?!" Genya whined, covering up his flushed face.

Tanjiro smiled. "You were frowning again. And you're cute, you get really flustered easily, did you know that?"

"SHUT UP!!" Genya shouted, bonking Tanjiro's head. 

Tanjiro simply laughed.

Genya peeked over at him through his fingers. "I think it's fine if I don't smile. You smile enough for the both of us anyways."

"Smiling can make others smile sometimes, too," Tanjiro said, tugging Genya's hand into his own. "That goes for you as well, you make me happy when you smile!"

Genya sighed. "Smiling is stupid."

"Am I stupid, then?" Tanjiro asked, kissing Genya's fingers. 

"...Fuck you," he mumbled, yanking his hand away, his cheeks powdered red. 

"I'm serious, though! You practically light up the universe and outshine the stars when you smile," Tanjiro insisted, pulling Genya down to kiss his nose. "I'm sure you make others feel that way too."

"You're being an idiot, smiling can't do shit," Genya said, frowning. "Why are you so insistent with this??"

Tanjiro lifted a shoulder. "When people smile, I feel more comforted, I think. It's nice. Also you're just cute when you smile," he said, his lips curving up. 

"You think everything is cute," Genya said, rolling his eyes.

"Everything about you is cute," Tanjiro said, placing his hands on his hips almost triumphantly.

"Says you," Genya scoffed, turning away from him. 

Tanjiro shook his head. "No, anybody could agree with that. Besides, I'm sure smiling could help you with gaining more friends too! You seem to push everyone away. And maybe it could help with your brother, too."

Genya instantly turned back at the mention of Sanemi, his full attention on his boyfriend now. "You think?"

"Maybe!" Tanjiro said, nodding. 

A small smile slipped its way upon Genya's lips and he sighed. "Fine, I'll listen to whatever you have to say. But enough with sounding corny as fuck, I hate it." He moved to Tanjiro's side, resting his chin on Tanjiro's head and wrapping his arms loosely around his shoulders. 

Tanjiro's hands clasped Genya's forearms and he leaned his head back to look up at Genya. "I love you, Genya," he said, smiling gently at him.

Genya let out a breath, smiling back despite himself. "You're a pain, Tanjiro."

"Then do you not like me?" he teased, reaching up to boop Genya.

"Nah. I don't like you," Genya said, turning Tanjiro in his arms. 

"Oh?"

"I love you more," he said, resting his forehead upon Tanjiro's and closing his eyes.

Tanjiro smiled. "I love you most."

×××

« Word count: 606 »

Hope this is ok, tho it's a bit short

arghhh but they're so fucking cute 😭