When I'm with you, I feel as if I can do anything! | {RenGiyuu}

Theme: Fluff

"Tomioka-San! Hii! Want to eat lunch together today? I just finished training for right now, how about you? Do you have anything to do? Are you busy? Hm?" Kyojuro asked, bounding up to Giyuu.

Giyuu, having been surprised by this sudden bombardment of questions and stepped back a little. Kyojuro mimicked the movement and stepped forward. Giyuu stepped back again but Kyojuro kept walking forward.

"I'm.. going to lunch now," Giyuu mumbled, wondering why Kyojuro was so persistent.

"Great! Me too! Want to eat lunch together?" Kyojuro repeated excitedly.

"I.. Why?" Giyuu asked, confused.

"Why not? I want to eat lunch with you!"

"Okay, then," Giyuu gave in, figuring he'd have less time to eat if he resisted.

"Yay!" Kyojuro grinned and sped off to a bench where he settled down and patted the seat next to his happily. "Come over here, Tomioka!"

Giyuu trudged along the path and sat down next to the Flame Hashira who was talking fast and changing the subject at the speed of light.

"Yesterday I saw Senjuro again! He looks quite well if I should say so myself. I think father is being a little too harsh on the poor boy, though, because he'd said he was useless. Of course I told him he wasn't but Senjuro was convinced. But later we ate some food and talked and he felt better! Oh, yes, the food was absolutely splendid! Did you know Senjuro could cook? He's an excellent one and I'm sure he'll be a world-wide known chef! Yes, yes. Well my crow went by and told me I have a mission. It was rather easy, the mission, you know? I wonder why they sent a Hashira for it! I got it done the second before I even saw the demon! It wasn't strong at all, didn't even have it's own blood demon art. Maybe they just sent me because nobody else was free? I don't know, but of course sometimes they do do that. Also, I just remembered, while I was on my mission a while back, I met Kanroji! We talked a little and then Iguro came along and glared at me. Then he and Kanroji walked off. It was quite funny," Kyojuro said, almost all in one breath. He paused here, though, to laugh, and Giyuu stared at the Hashira in disbelief. He never knew anybody could talk to much, so fast, and still be coherent. 

"Oh." He didn't say much and started eating, Kyojuro still laughing heartily in the background. Eventually he looked up and noticed that Kyojuro was staring at him. "Huh?"

"You know, Tomioka, I've never heard you talk much! Only a few sentences at most at a time! Tell me something about you," Kyojuro prompted. He took a bite of his lunch and pronounced it "Delicious!" with his trade mark 'umai' then watched Giyuu with interest.

"Ehm.. What do you want to know?" Giyuu asked, wondering where this was going.

"Hm! What isn't too personal but still tells me something about you? What about.. something or someone you like?" Kyojuro asked, raising his eyebrows and smiling slightly. He cocked his head to the side.

"Well, ah, I like the sound of.. eh.." Giyuu's voice trailed off as he thought. What did he like? He liked.. he had liked a lot before. Now he rarely did things just for his own pleasure. "I don't know."

"No? Well, I like a lot of things so I can go first, hm?" Kyojuro suggested.

"Yes."

"Right!" the Flame Hashira ate first, again shouting, "UMAI!" before proceeding. "I like being with the Hashira and talking to them! I like talking, yes, I love food, and I care for Senjuro and father much so! I find Kanroji nice company when I would like to talk to someone and I see her like a family member of my own! Did you know I trained her before she became Hashira? Oh yes, I love seeing people smile and I love making people smile and laugh, even if they are laughing at me. Hm, I enjoy your company quite much so as well. When I'm with you, I feel as if I can do anything! I like how calm you always are and how you don't let Shinazugawa's and Iguro's taunting get into your head. I care deeply Oyakata-sama and all his ancestors for all that they've done for the demon slayer corps, keeping us intact. I like a lot of things and I simply cannot express them all in words. Now your turn!" Kyojuro exclaimed, smiling.

Giyuu took a minute to process all this, reveling at the "I enjoy your company. When I'm with you, I feel as if I can do anything! I like how calm you always are and how you don't let Shinazugawa's and Iguro's taunting get into your head." He never realized his quietness could be interpreted as calm or collected. In fact, he'd always thought people found him bothersome or irritating. He fanned his face, the air growing suddenly hot. Then he realized it was just him. It took him another second to notice it was because he was blushing. Why.. why was he so flustered? It was only words. Insignificant.. No. They meant a lot to him. "E-eh, I.. I like.." Giyuu stumbled over his words, trying to cover up his flushed face. He quickly ate, hiding his face behind his food. 

Kyojuro didn't seem to notice, though, and continued eating and waiting for Giyuu to continue.

Giyuu resurfaced a second later, having gotten ahold of himself mostly. He breathed deeply and then said, "I like when things are calm.. Or quiet? Like a breeze on calm water." He kept it simple, not wanting to go further into himself as Kyojuro had.

"Oh? How nice! Do I talk too much for your liking then? Should I try to be a little quieter?" Kyojuro suggested, a bit apologetically.

"No, no! It's.. it's okay. I like.. I like your talkativeness... It's comforting, sometimes," Giyuu blurted out, flushing, embarrassed, when he realized what he'd said.

Kyojuro's smile was very bright and happy as he said, "Well I'm glad to hear that!"

Giyuu nodded absently. He hadn't meant to say that, he was just going to say something like.. like.. Like what? He didn't know, actually. 

The two Hashira sat quietly for a moment, neither eating nor talking, simply just.. sitting. Then Kyojuro said, "Tomioka? Can I tell you a secret?"

Giyuu looked up, surprised. "Uh.. Okay..?"

"Don't tell anyone but.." Kyojuro paused for an added suspense, though Giyuu took it as a 'don't tell anyone or I'll kill you' sort of pause and nodded. Kyojuro waved off the nod and said, "I love you, Tomioka. A different way than I love the other Hashira." He smiled. "I have to go now, I'll see you in some time!" he called out, his lunch in one hand and his other in the air as he waved and ran.

Giyuu stared after, his mind only just processing what the other Hashira had said. Then his eyes widened and his face grew red. He dropped his lunch on the bench and buried his face in his hands. Then, quietly, though he knew nobody would hear, he whispered, "I love you that way too.. K.. Kyojuro."

{Word count: 1194}

Is it just me or were you also internally like squealing in happiness. I know I wrote this but I love it sm 💀 Though Giyuu was a bit OOC but SHUSH. I'm literally doing my math test while I wrote this so I was going back and forth so hopefully it's not rlly goofy (hahhahah.. I never edit my work 😋 I just write it and hope I don't make a million mistakes and shit)

Okay bye <33 Wish me luck on this stupid 43 question math test ✨