Picnic!! | {No ship!}

Theme: Fluff<3

Note: AS it says on the title

Note: AS it says on the title... no ships 😌

which is kinda rare since i almost never write non-romance related shit atp

i'm addicted to romance 🤩

Modern AU luvs

godfuck i'm sorry i took so long to write this

Tags: @NAmzory

×××

Mitsuri grabbed her bag and quickly texted Giyuu that she would be on her way to Tanjiro's house now. 

She got a simple "Ok" a minute later and smiled at it, already almost to the Kamado's.

She knocked on the door upon arriving and Tanjiro's mother, Kie, answered.

"Ah, hello! Tanjiro!! Your friend is here," Kie called out. 

There was lively chatter somewhere inside the house and then footsteps.

Tanjiro appeared behind his mother, a bag slung around his shoulder.

"Hello, Kanroji-San!!" he said, smilng.

"Yes, hi! Are Zenitsu and Inosuke here, too..?" Mitsuri asked.

Tanjiro shook his head. "Zenitsu is on his way and Inosuke is... I don't know. I'll text him," he said, pulling out his phone from his bag and sending his friend a text.

Mitsuri and Tanjiro waited outside the house, talking a bit. 

Zenitsu arrived first, holding a basket. "Hi..." he said, giving them both a nod. 

"What's the basket for?" Mitsuri asked curiously.

"Gramps made me bring food," Zenitsu huffed. 

She laughed. "I brought the food, though?"

"Yeah, he said that if I brought nothing I would be being rude so he forced me to grab random things from the pantry and bring it here. Is Inosuke late again?"

Tanjiro nodded. "He said he was having some tempura-eating contest so he was going to be late."

"...Okay. And Tomioka?" Zenitsu asked.

"We're meeting him at the hill since it would be faster than him having to drive us all. Kanroji-San will drive us there," Tanjiro explained.

"Oh, alright." 

They waited for some time, not really knowing what to do.

Five minutes later, Inosuke came charging down the middle of the street, grinning wildly.

"I WON!!" he shouted, once he was in front of them.

Zenitsu covered his ears, groaning. "Don't shout."

Inosuke ignored him, proudly holding up a paper. "I was given a cerf-it-acte or something so I can eat lots of tempura whenever I want there, without paying, for, like, two months!!" he told them.

"Great. Can we go now?" Zenitsu asked, rolling his eyes. 

Tanjiro congratulated Inosuke as Mitsuri took out her car keys, unlocking her car.

"Alright, let's go meet Tomioka-San!!"

×××

They arrived at the hill fifteen minutes later.

Giyuu was there already, at the bottom, waiting. 

He looked up when they walked up to him. 

"I'm sorry for making you wait!" Mitsuri and Tanjiro apologized almost simutaneously.

"It's okay," Giyuu said. "Just the four of you?"

Tanjiro nodded. "Nezuko is with Kanao right now, I think."

"Alright. We should walk up now," Giyuu said. "Otherwise we'll eat lunch really late."

"Ughh, we have to walk up?? We should've just driven up there," Zenitsu whined. 

"I BET I'LL GET THERE FIRST!" Inosuke shouted, dashing up the path.

"STOP MAKING EVERYTHING A COMPETITION!!" Zenitsu protested, though he ran after him.

Tanjiro laughed, quickly following the two.

Giyuu sighed and he and Mitsuri ran up behind the three, holding onto the food they had brought tightly.

At the top, Inosuke and Zenitsu were collapsed on the ground as Mitsuri laid down the picnic blanket she'd brought with her. 

"Right! Who's ready to eat?" Mitsuri said cheerfully, not tired at all. 

Tanjiro, who was very tired, offered to help put out the food though his breath was quick and unsteady. Mitsuri denied the help, doing it quickly on her own.

Once the three boys had gotten ahold of their breath, everyone settled down on the blanket, content.

Inosuke lifted his boar mask, immediately shoving food into his mouth. Zenitsu avoided him, sitting on the opposite end of the blanket as he ate. 

"It's such a nice day!" Mitsuri commented. The sky was clear with the occasional cloud and the air was peaceful, a hint of a breeze flowing past them every now and then.

Giyuu agreed. "It's quiet."

Zenitsu scoffed. "It would be, but Inosuke is making it sound like we're sitting right next to a dozen speakers."

"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN??" Inosuke whined.

Zenitsu gave them a pointed look and Mitsuri laughed.

"I suppose so. But other than that, it's peaceful!"

"I like days like this," Tanjiro said with a smile. "It calms my mind well."

Giyuu nodded. "It's rare for quiet days."

"You can say that again," Zenitsu grumbled.

Inosuke glared at him, throwing a fork at Zenitsu head.

Zenitsu ducked, then stood and shouted at Inosuke, shaking him furiously. "I COULD'VE DIED FROM THAT!!"

Mitsuri fretted, trying to break them apart but Inosuke and Zenitsu went tumbling down the hill, fighting the whole way down.

Tanjiro apologized and quickly ran after them, calling out to them.

Mitsuri and Giyuu stared after the three, exasperated.

"Poor Tanjiro, he has to deal with this every day," Giyuu murmured.

Mitsuri sighed. "At least they're having fun...?

{Word count: 807}

it's short ik :'>

i forgot what the first part of the request was since I hadn't screenshotted the whole thing

and I didn't write the city part bc I got lazy sorry TmT

but i hope it's ok? it's a bit silly-