112

"Hi sweetie, you ready?" Mercedes asked two weeks later as she was getting ready to take Aiden and Callie to school. It would be Callie's first day back to school after her ACL surgery.

"No, I really don't wanna go back, I'm tired and in pain. But I can't miss too much school." She mocked and made a face at the end, given that's what the school told Mercedes after her daughter's ACL surgery. It was also because of Callie being in Los Angeles for the first three months of the school year, but she did the online school and kept her grades up.

"I know, I know. If you really don't feel good, text me and I'll come get you." She compromised while helping Callie out of bed and grabbed her crutches.

"Alright, thanks mommy. It's not like my grades are bad either. I'm a straight A freaking student." Callie sighed as Mercedes carefully helped her out of her room. Jon and Aiden were there to help her down the steps.

"I know you're a straight A, honor roll student, Callie. Like I said, if the pain gets worse and you feel really bad, just text me. I'll be the bad guy for you and come get you. But try to have a good day? Aiden and you will be in a couple classes, so you won't be completely alone." She tried to comfort her daughter.

Aiden and Callie went to a different school than Jacob, Claire, and Asher. Those three went to a private performing arts school a little over a half hour away. It was out of the district where the Good family resides, which is why Callie and Aiden attended a different school along with Taylor. They normally didn't mind, but Callie wanted to be with her boyfriend and best friends right now. Not surrounded by classmates she never really talked to.

"I'll do my best." She shrugged before beginning the drive to the high school the two attended to, given they were freshmen. They started school early, making them the youngest in their grade. They didn't care too much as to them they would graduate early when they'd turn seventeen.

After a short drive, Mercedes got Callie and Aiden to school. She assured Callie that if something went wrong or if she still wasn't feeling good, she'd come back to get her. She knew Callie wasn't feeling a hundred percent, but didn't want her to get in trouble for missing school either. Aiden helped Callie get to class before going off on his own since they wouldn't be reunited until lunch time and afternoon classes.

Once Callie got settled in class, she began feeling uncomfortable. She was exhausted and in pain, but the classmates not making her feel any better. She knew they were talking about her, but she was too tired to care. It was definitely going to be a long day for her. She saw them looking at her and snickering, girls whispering in each other's ears.

"Sure are a winner, huh?" One of the preppier girls taunted, crossing her arms and giving Callie an evil look.

"Shut up and get out of my face." Callie groaned, rubbing her tired eyes and ready to go home before the bell even rang to begin the school day.

"Must suck not being good enough, just being a whiny bitch." Another girl said as Callie rolled her eyes, trying to block out the noise before texting her mom and begging her to come get her before lunch. It was definitely going to be a grueling road back to a new normalcy for the teen.