22

TW: Alcoholism & Substance Abuse

"Mercedes!" Rebecca cried one week later.

"Becks? What's wrong?" Mercedes replied as she was cleaning her and Jon's home.

"I need to come over! I'm about to lose it!" She sobbed on the phone as Mercedes grew confused yet more concerned.

"Okay, come on over. You're always welcome here and I'm home." She quickly responded before hanging up with her friend.

It took almost a half hour for Rebecca to show up. Mercedes was very concerned for her best friend. She quickly embraced her and gave her some water to help calm her down. Rebecca had to take a few extra minutes before explaining the news to Mercedes.

"I went to see Colby today." Rebecca began with some staggered breaths in between. Mercedes held her hand as she was shaking a bit.

"How is he doing?" Mercedes calmly asked while trying to help calm her friend down.

"He's not good Mercedes! He might die!" Rebecca sobbed again as Mercedes sighed and laid her head low. She couldn't get emotional at the moment. Mercedes had to be strong for her best friend.

"His oxygen and heart rate are low! They're trying to do everything they can, but they're telling me to make plans just in case! What the fuck am I supposed to do, Mercy?! That's my husband and the father of our daughter. My baby girl might not have her dad!" She sobbed again before trying to drink some water and calm down.

"Rebecca, I am so so sorry. Nothing I say will ever heal your heart, but know that if you need anything and I mean anything. I am here for you and your family. I really, really hope Colby can pull out of this." Mercedes quietly said while hugging her friend.

"Thank you, Mercedes. I really appreciate your love and support. I just want my husband back." She croaked as Mercedes was understanding. Rebecca stayed for a few hours as she and Mercedes went shopping for her unborn daughter. She was trying anything to get her mind off of it.

"Alright honey, I'm gonna head to bed. I love you." Mercedes smiled later that night. Jon just arrived home after doing some interviews all day. However, Mercedes was still dealing with a lot of fatigue from her pregnancy. She was ready to get some shuteye.

"I love you too, babygirl. I'll be in bed soon." Jon responded. He went downstairs to get his stuff and to clean up for his wife. However, after knowing she was asleep for a while, Jon grabbed a bottle of whiskey and headed into their guest bathroom.

"There we go." Jon muttered to himself after finding some pain killers in their cabinet. It was some Tylenol, so not super dangerous. However, it was higher in milligrams. Jon needed something to numb his pain down.

Jon was in a lot of emotional pain dealing with the near loss of Colby. After finding out today's news, he was even more depressed. He was hiding it from Mercedes though. He didn't want her to feel his pain. He just wanted to numb and drain out his pain for a while.

"Goddamn." He gritted through his teeth after taking three pills, downing them with some Jack Daniels whiskey. He continued to drink the whiskey until the bottle was gone. Jon stumbled out of the bathroom, tossing away the bottle before crashing on the couch. At least for now he felt okay.