11

Mercedes and Jon could not stop kissing each other after the ceremony. They were now taking photos before the reception followed in pursuit. Some were just the two of them, some with the wedding party, some just in general. They were both so giddy.

"Would you two knock it off?" Kevin joked. Mercedes and Jon pulled away giggling and snickering.

"Oh leave them alone!" Ashley chimed in with a few laughs.

"What she said!" Mercedes snickered before kissing her new husband again.

A half hour later, their wedding reception began. All of their guests piled in and sat down while enjoying the cocktail hour. Their DJ began playing some music before introducing them. The wedding guests cheered and clapped as they watched the wedding party come down, couple by couple. After the wedding party was lined up, Mercedes and Jon awaited their call.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls, give it up for the newly weds! Mercedes and Jonathan Good!" The DJ announced as Mercedes and Jon came in, dancing a bit to the music that was playing as everyone was cheering and clapping for them. They were so happy, nothing could wipe the smile off their faces.

"Everyone, let's all have a seat while Mercedes and Jonathan have their first dance as husband and wife." The DJ added. Everyone sat down as Mercedes and Jon took the floor. Their first dance song would be Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley.

"I love you." Mercedes beamed while blinking back some tears as she and Jon had their first dance.

"I love you too, Mrs. Good." Jon winked as they shared another kiss. Even with everyone watching them, they felt like the only ones in the room. They couldn't have asked for a better wedding day. They were so happy to be husband and wife now.

"Give it up for Mercedes and Jonathan!" Their DJ exclaimed once their dance was over. Jon raised Mercedes' arm in victory like they did in wrestling as everyone was cheering and screaming for them. Once they were finished, they opened up the food for everyone to enjoy.

As everyone was enjoying their food, Mercedes and Jon knew it was time for everyone to give their toasts. Joe and Colby would be tag teaming to give their respective speech for Jon and Mercedes. Pam would be giving her respective speech as well. Also, Paul wanted to give a speech for them as well. Mercedes and Jon were excited and eager to hear what everyone would have to say.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. We have Joe Anoa'i and Colby Lopez up here to give their best men speech for the newly weds. Everyone give them your attention." The DJ announced as Joe and Colby walked up.

"Looks like this is our show now." Colby chuckled as he and Joe grabbed themselves a microphone. Everyone laughed as Mercedes and Jon anticipated what the two would have to say.

"First off, on behalf of Mercedes and Jon, we would like to thank everyone for coming out tonight and attending their wedding." Joe began as everyone cheered for that.

"I'm gonna let Colby begin his speech since he was so excited, he wrote it the day these two got engaged." The Samoan man teased Colby as everyone laughed.

"Joe, you wrote yours the minute you found out about the ring." Colby joked back with Joe before beginning his speech.

"Alright, for anyone who doesn't know me, I'm Colby. A very close friend to both Mercedes and Jon, whom I actually consider to be my brother and sister. I would like to start off with congratulating the newly weds on their newfound marriage and a beautiful day to celebrate!" Colby began as everyone cheered. Mercedes and Jon looked at each other before turning their attention back to Colby and Joe.

"I actually met Jon back on the indie scene when we were just trying to carve our own path to WWE. We did a few shows together before going about our own way. Then, we ended up rekindling that friendship back in NXT and then we met Joe. From there on, we built the Shield. But more importantly, we built a brotherhood." He continued as Mercedes and Jon were smiling bright.

"Professional careers aside, I couldn't be more proud and happy for Mercedes and Jon. Shortly after we created the Shield, Mercedes came strolling along and caught Jon's full attention. From day one, I knew these two would be together forever. They were destined to be together." He smiled as Mercedes and Jon blinked back a couple tears.

"To know these two, is a blessing in itself. Let alone being their best friends, turned into a non-blood sibling hood. Jon has saved me from some of my darkest times in my life and pulled me out of life's quicksand more times than I could admit. He is an amazing guy who, in my heart, deserves the world of happiness and more." Colby had to stop as he found himself getting emotional talking about Jonathan and Mercedes.

"I would also like to thank Mercedes on behalf of all of us for keeping Jon together. He is definitely a fun, entertaining cat that will take you on journeys you'd never expect to go on. You two were destined to be together forever, and I wish you nothing but a lifetime filled with adventure, love, and happiness. To Jon and Mercedes! The two very best people I have the pleasure of calling my best friends." Colby grinned as he finished his speech. Everyone toasted before the married couple wiped away their tears, going up to hug them. Joe made his speech as well. Once he was done, Pam went up to give her speech.

"Thanks guys for making me try to top that." Pam joked as everyone chuckled.

"You're welcome!" Colby chuckled before sitting down next to Rebecca. Joe sat down with Ashley so Pam could begin.

"So, for anyone who doesn't know me, I'm Pam. I am Mercedes' maid of honor and best friend. And I couldn't be more excited and proud to stand here today with Mercedes and Jon. I was so excited that I wrote this a couple hours after Mercedes asked me to be her maid of honor." She giggled as everyone laughed. Mercedes knew she would get emotional, so she was trying to hold it in for as long as she could.

"To know Mercedes and to be her best friend, is a pleasure that not everyone gets to experience. I met Mercedes five years ago when I got signed to NXT. We did a little drill match, creating some magic that no one else had seen before. We knew from then on, we'd be intertwined in some way, shape, or form." Pam began while Mercedes was beaming. Jon held her hand tight as well.

"Mercedes, I couldn't be more happier for you. From the moment you gushed about Jon, I knew you two would be together forever. I didn't get too much interaction with Jon until I finally made it to Raw. Then, I got the pleasure of traveling with these two goofballs for three weeks straight all over the other side of the country." She continued before taking a deep breath.

"From their little interactions backstage, reassuring each other, and being each other's biggest cheerleaders. Everyone knew they were what people like to call twin flames. Not everyone gets to meet theirs. I'm happy Mercedes found hers, and she also helped me find mine." She beamed, referring to Fergal.

"Mercedes, you have instilled so much greatness, wisdom, and confidence in me. Without you, I wouldn't be the person I am today. You are truly an amazing friend, whom I actually consider my sister. I cannot wait to see where your new journey as a wife takes you. I wish you and Jon a lifetime full of love and happiness, and everything you could ever dream of. I love you both so, so much." Pam finished as she and Mercedes were crying. The two hugged as everyone applauded them.

The rest of the night was a lot of fun. It was filled with funny moments, drinking, dancing, jokes. Jon and Mercedes were so blessed to be surrounded by so much love on their big day. As the night came to a close, they did a send off. However, they came back into the room where their ceremony was. The two wanted a private last dance after all guests left. They would dance to one of Mercedes' favorite songs, Dangerously In Love by Beyoncé.

"Today was perfect." Mercedes beamed while her hands were wrapped around the back of Jon's neck and his hands were around her waist.

"Indeed it was. Everything in my life was worth it to now have the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife, and the future mother to my children." He winked as Mercedes blushed profusely. She was so happy and so was he. Now, they began their new chapter as husband and wife. They couldn't wait to see what the future held for them.