93

One Month Later|Royal Rumble

"This is it." Mercedes said to herself as she stood on the ramp of the stage for the Royal Rumble event later on that evening.

Tonight would be Mercedes' final match within WWE. She felt at peace with her comeback and final return, ready to close the door on her career this evening. She was definitely emotional, but pride and happiness were the two biggest emotions she felt.

All of their friends and bosses backstage knew that tonight was Mercedes' final match. The fans did not know though. They would find out tomorrow night when Sasha Banks would kick off Monday Night Raw with her announcement of retirement. She was enjoying her final day as an active WWE Superstar.

Paul Levesque also left the door open to her if she'd ever want to do surprise Royal Rumble entries, or any other idea she would have about a comeback. Although she appreciated that, Mercedes felt content going home to be a wife and a mother. Those were her top priorities with Jon and their two young children, Liam and Taylor.

Tonight for the Royal Rumble, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch would kick off the event as they were the first match of the night. The two would square off one on one in a normal match for the Women's World Championship. Becky Lynch would end up retaining, which would lead into Sasha Banks retiring. The two wanted to put on a great match one final time.

"Hey baby," Jon said as he came up behind his wife with Liam and Taylor, kissing her cheek as she was excited to see her husband, son, and daughter.

"Hey babe! Hi sweeties!" Mercedes grinned as she lovingly kissed her husband and hugged their two children. She held Taylor while Liam wanted to stand next to Jon.

"Ready for tonight? It's the last one." He said while the four of them walked closer to the squared circle.

"I am ready. I feel at peace with my choice, much different than before I got pregnant with Tay. Now I'm ready to be a stay at home mom and wife, maybe have baby number three." She teased, giggling as Jon chuckled himself.

"Whatever you want baby, whatever you want." He smiled as the four were able to spend time together before Mercedes got ready for her final match.

Later that night, Mercedes and Rebecca were ready for the match. They spent time with Ashley and Pam before the match. The four were emotional that it would be Mercedes' final time stepping foot inside the squared circle as a competitor. However, they were so proud of her. She had nothing to be ashamed of as she's had a stellar career.

Sasha Banks versus Becky Lynch one on one for the Women's World Championship was nothing short of a classic, stellar match. The two delivered an amazing, technical, well done match. The ending came down to Becky Lynch delivering her Man Handle Slam to Sasha Banks, pinning her for the three count.

"Here is your winner, and still! The Women's World Champion, The Man! Becky Lynch!" The ring side announcer proclaimed as the fans cheered for The Man. Becky proudly held the title high as Sasha Banks walked up the ramp, looking sorrowful. She shook her head before walking backstage.

"So proud of you, Mercedes. You did amazing." Paul Levesque said as he walked over to her and hugged her. She nodded her head, finding herself emotional after they pulled away from their hug. Mercedes quickly spotted her husband and babies, holding them tight.

"Good job mommy." Liam smiled as Mercedes held her first born child and son tight as Jon had little Taylor.

"Thank you baby, I love you bub." She smiled, kissing his cheek. The four had a group hug which made Liam and Taylor smile and laugh.

"Ready for the next chapter?" Jon asked with a smile once they pulled away from their hug.

"Always." She beamed, kissing her husband and felt at peace with her choice.