76

A week had passed and things were still awkward between Mercedes and Jon. They haven't discussed the outburst and Jon eyeing painkillers. Mercedes wasn't even sure why he did that in the first place.

She was unsure of why it happened because to her knowledge, he was okay. Yes, he was injured. But the injury wasn't as severe as it could be. Their family and children were also doing great. Everyone was healthy and doing fine. For Mercedes, this came out of the blue.

Even though the two haven't talked much after the outburst, Jon quickly contacted his therapist whom he saw during his addiction and even after Liam was born. Jon was discharged a year ago when things seemed to be going well. Mercedes was glad he was going back to therapy, but still felt blindsided by it all.

"Hey." Jon said a couple hours later as he was back home now, seeing his wife cleaning up in the kitchen.

"Hi, how was the appointment?" Mercedes asked as she turned her head to see her husband.

"It went good. I think it was good that I went back." He explained as she nodded her head and listened to her husband.

"Mhm," she nodded while finishing up the cleaning she was doing in the kitchen.

"Can we talk about last week?" He blurted out as she put a coffee mug in their kitchen cabinet.

"Sure, I don't have too much to say but the floor's yours." She shrugged, pressing her glasses to her face as the two were standing in the kitchen.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about last week." Jon sighed as Mercedes looked at her husband and relaxed her shoulders.

"You're sorry?" She asked while looking over at him.

"Yes, I shouldn't have done what I did. I should've talked to you about it. But I don't even know why I did it, it just felt like I needed it." Jon admitted while Mercedes listened.

"But that's why I went back to see my therapist. I know I can't do this to you and the kids again. I shouldn't have done it, but I'm sorry." He finished as Mercedes gave him a sympathetic smile, walking over to hug him.

"It's okay, I forgive you, but you need to tell me when things are going through your head honey. It takes two to tango and I'm your partner. I'm here for you and to help you." She quietly said in his ear as the two hugged and kissed.

"I love you Mercedes." Jon said as they let go of their kiss.

"I love you too, Jonathan. We're in this together no matter what." Mercedes promised as she felt better now that they talked things out, moving forward and figuring out what would help Jon with his own issues.