|12| Meet Cute Crush

┌──── •✧• ────┐"Henry's stupid by himself

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"Henry's stupid by himself."

"Fair point"
└──── •✧• ────┘

"Instead of foundation, which is really expensive, just use hummus!" The television monitor spoke as Charlotte watched with a disgusted look.

"What are you watching?" Valentina groaned from the Man Cave couch. "Her voice is giving me a headache."

"How to save money on makeup." Charlotte answered. "But I'm definitely not trying her tips."

Before the conversation could continue, Henry and Ray came down the tubes holding slushies and wearing their superhero attire.

"Hey Char." Henry nodded in greeting. "Girlfriend." He turned to Valentina on the couch, leaning down and kissing her cheek casually.

Ray groaned. "I told you no kissing in my Man Cave!" He scolded the blonde.

"It was a cheek kiss!" Henry defended, raising his arms in surrender. "It's not like we were making out!"

Valentina snorted. They definitely had made out in the Man Cave. Not that Ray knew about that.

Henry glared at his girlfriend. "Not helping."

Charlotte had had enough of the argument and interrupted the two guys. "Just tell us what happened." She ordered.

"Fine." Ray sighed. "We showed up at the playground right?"

"And there were a bunch of second graders in the sandbox." Henry continued.

"But there was a nest of scorpions right in the sandbox."

Valentina watched intently as Henry and Ray acted out the kids being attacked by scorpions, their high pitched screams filling the room.

"So we grabbed the fire hose and sprayed the scorpions off the kids."

"I want to spray kids with a fire hose." Valentina mumbled, crossing her arms and slumping further into the couch.

The three looked at Valentina with raised eyebrows. "That's not normal." Charlotte commented. "No normal person hates kids."

"She's not normal." Henry added.

"Hey!" Valentina protested, reaching her arm out just enough to smack Henry on the back of his head.

"Ow!" The blonde complained, rubbing the spot where she had struck.

Before Henry could fire back, the Man Cave alert sounded, signaling Jasper was calling from upstairs. Henry, Ray, and Charlotte all stood around the monitors, while Valentina stayed sitting on the couch.

"Hey Jasp." Henry greeted.

"Henry your sister's here." The boy warned. "I told her you were busy and then she got mad and said she wasn't leaving until she talked to you and Val."